Till Death do Us Part.

NOT EDITED. YOU GET THE POINT.

"Liam!"

I'm screeching like a mad man as I sprint towards the house, gun still in hand and hair whipping around my face as I near the entrance. Stella is right next to me the whole time and makes sure to grip me when I attempt to inspect the mouth of the fire.

I scour the area for the others, screaming their names. Adam appears first, leapt from a window and with Rosalyn in tow. Their arms and faces are covered in black ash.

"We've located the others to the shed," Rosalyn coughs. "But Alfie's car caught fire in the garage."

My heart drops into my stomach and I resist the urge to be sick, "Get to the car," I command. "We need to get everyone out of the area and quick."

"Are the Purgatory close?" Stella questions.

"No," Adam answers. "They were never here." Never here?

"Where's Liam?" I say, but the burning in my neck is getting worse. Run, run, run. "Is he in the shed?"

"No," Adam repeats. "He's in the house, getting the stuff but Paz, he-"

I don't give Adam the time to respond before I'm bolting for the entrance. Stella screams after me to stop, because the whole house could blow - now that we know Alfie's car has caught fire as well - but I don't give a damn. They couldn't have expected me to even dare leave Liam behind. 

The gun is forgotten as I scale the side and climb through the window which Adam had leaped from. I tug my shirt to cover my nose and my eyes burn as I make my way through, over a fallen banister and broken glass. 

"Liam! Liam!" I scream out to him as I enter the hall, only to discover half of it has been burnt and I can't cross to the other side. There is no response.

My eyes water, not only due to the smoke, but because I cannot repress the horror filled thoughts that cross my mind on where he could and why he is not responding. My fingers tremble as I look for another way. Then I notice the fallen floorboards from above the kitchen and I move.

I scale down the stairs and dash to the kitchen, where I discover gas canteens. "What the fuck," I breathe and regret it when I going into a hysterical coughing fit. Gas canteens? This must be how it caught so quickly. But how did-

"Get off!"

Ruby?

There is shrill screaming as I clamber onto the kitchen tops and grasp the floorboards, dangling once I swing myself up. I struggle to get a grip and I have to propel myself up just to drag the rest of my body up. The floorboards creak underneath my weight and for a moment, I panic. 

Luckily, I get myself up in time to dash down. There is a blood curling scream. Grunts following and a thud sounds and-

"Ronnie!"

The room the shrills are coming from is down the hall and the door is in flames. I pry a burnt floorboard off and smash through as hard as I can, till the doors chips and I'm able to slam it down with my foot. The door fly's off it's hinges and my eyes widen at the sight before me.

Ruby's body is covered in red welts -- most likely burns -- and her eyes are wide open, head titled to the side at an odd angle and Paz standing above her, knuckles bruised and a bite mark on his hand. 

But most importantly, he reeks of gasoline. I don't think.

And then's he charging at me, hands out reached to grasp me, but not to hurt me like Ruby. He simply slams me into the wall as he charges pass, eyes wide and frantic for an escape.