Inheritance.

NOT EDITED. OBVIOUSLY. 

       "I've come to challenge your Alpha."

You know, maybe Stella and I should have conjured a better plan. That only occurred to me the moment we were snatched up and bound, thrown into a van like a sack of potatoes. 

And much like the potatoes, it seemed they wanted to eat us. Only, well, alive. 

One dude had leered over us the whole time, reaching out to touch Stella onto to receive a swift bite that nearly ripped off his fingers. That sent him running.

I hadn't even gotten the chance to see Tate when they just took us. Maybe Stella was right -- I had a death wish. 

It seemed plausible when the car stopped and they yanked us out, onto our knees and face first into the dirt. I got a mouth full of pebbles of leaves till I was wretched on by my hair and dragged. 

We'd made it to the Purgatory compound - just a little North of Liam's old cabin - and stood before the daunting, concrete building. Many of the members were lounging outside and though it was only the afternoon, they already had a bottle of brandy whipped out. 

I hadn't thought, instead I had braced my shoulders and walked, head high and determined; I had solid proof I was of Purgatory descent, so how could Tate deny me? He couldn't. 

I was proven wrong when we were ambushed and I was forced to listen to Stella's shrieks for the men to let go of her. I had tried to fight them off - a swift jab to the ribs and a punch to the nose, which I'm happy to report actually broke the dude's nose  - only to receive one back, right to the eye. 

They took the opportunity to get us then.

Not to mention, the car reeked of garbage and I was sure we were laying on a pile of candy wrappers. Stella was fumbling the whole times with the ropes that were bounded over her head while one of the dudes watched in sick fascination. 

The area around my eye throbbed the whole time and my hair had been snagged from it's braid, left to lay down my back in messy waves. 

I screamed like a mad woman once we were out of that disgusting van and into broad sunlight. I demanded they take me to Tate -- I wished to converse with no one else -- but doubted myself along the way. 

When I realized where I was beginning dragged, I panicked. 

It was the building where we had retrieved Liam from, as well as the place I got my leg torn up by some angry mutt named Max. It was the first time Jeremy, Stella, and I had met and decided we would work together.

Now I guess Stella and I were going to die here if they didn't grant my request. Then only I would die if I lost. Or well, maybe Stella too. So we were doomed either way.

But I was optimistic, black eye or not. I would likely receive worst injuries by the end of the day so I had to be prepared. 

I wasn't prepared to be thrown into some pitch black room without Stella. 

Once my eyes adjusted, I could see gauzy curtains - like the one's from last time, concealing whatever mysterious that lied within - and various couches. There was no heartbeat minus my own, so I figured I was utterly alone. 

Now, here I sit, yanking at the ropes with my teeth and searching for possible windows. I was sadly greeted with nothing more than concrete walls and faux fur pillows. "What the fuck is this?" I mutter, "a brothel?"

With the amount of silk and questionable stains on the couches, it's definitely an option. 

I'd finally managed to break the ropes from my arms free and untied the one's by my feet before I went banging on the door, "let me out, you cowards! I challenged your alpha and that's who I want to see!"