Fire Meet Gasoline.

I spend the next day nursing my injury and so do the others.

Naturally, you'd think we'd have a day off but Liam surprises us all with an early wake up call and announces we're running again today. Along with cardio workouts and plenty of stretching. 

I glare holes into the back of his head and when we ask why he's making us do this, he replies, "We have to push through pain. The Purgatory can wound you and you still have to keep going."

I roll my eyes as he continues to tell us to imagine the scenario and all I think is; kill me now. 

Belle pants and wheezes beside me as she clutches at her ribs and Jeremy ends up hoisting her onto his back so we can complete the run. I would carry her - seriously, the girl is skinnier than me - but I'm too busy trying to get the world to stop spinning. And focusing on not puking up my breakfast.

And so the week continues like this,

Wake up, eat, work out, complain, eat, and then sleep again. 

It's a repetitive cycle but we all seem to bond over our equal hatred of physical activity and it's a beautiful thing. 

On Thursday night, I resort to spending my night with the girls while Liam and his father are speaking with Dr. Ackhart. I'm curious as to what it's about but I figure he will tell me sooner or later.

"My inner thighs feel like they're on fire," Ruby gushes as she struggles to fold her legs underneath her. Belle hums as I work her blue hair into a braid. I never once thought I'd be sitting in a room with the rest of the girls, braiding hair. If only Liam saw me now, he'd laugh.

Stella shovels spoonfuls of ice cream into her mouth while Rosalyn delicately twirls her spoon around in her own mint chocolate chip. "I still have bruises from my fight with Marcelo. And most likely, we'll be fighting again on Saturday."

I pause in my braiding and frown over at her, "Why do you think that?"

"Alfie was talking about it," Belle chirps and Rosalyn gestures to her with a nod. 

"Alfie's wrong," I state. "Liam and I are doing something that day."

With that, both Rosalyn and Stella's interest drift from their ice cream. Even Belle cocks her head at me and her shoulders shake with silent laughter as Rosalyn scurries over.

"Oh la la la! Alone time? Like a date?" Rosalyn bats her eyes at me with a wide grin and Stella snorts.

"More like time for sex," With that, the girls begin to holler as Ruby squeals. My god this has turned into a cliche sleepover. 

"Shut up," I roll my eyes at them but don't bother to attempt to shush them. Stella continues to laugh and then suddenly stops as something dawns on her.

"Oh my god!" She says suddenly catching the attention of Rosalyn and Ruby.

"What?" They chorus in harmony, giggling as they do so.

"I found something while digging through Ackhart's library," Stella waggles her brows at us as she goes to her bag to retrieve. Ruby runs after her to help her and all I can think is, dear God save me now. 

I tie off Belle's hair and watch Stella clutch the book to her chest in excitement. Just an hour ago she was moaning about us being in her room and now she's more than eager to have us.

I join them in the mini circle they've created on the floor and Belle follows. Stella keeps us in suspense as she continues to laugh and Rosalyn attempts to grab the book from her. Finally, she lays it down in the center.