Deception.

NOT EDITED! Feel free to point out errors and I'll correct them. Enjoy!

          Did he just say Dad?

I can feel the butt of the gun digging into the flesh of my thigh as I grasp it tightly, my eyes darting between the older man and Liam.

He doesn't even glance at me nor Stella, who at first glance bares a miedly bored expression, but as her eyes slowly meet mine, I can see the anticipation. I can notice the bunching of her shoulders and the clenching of her draw.

And I'm sure my shock is evident. My eyebrows are furrowed, lips agape, and breath halted. I can't believe what word Liam has just breathed.

I never thought I'd hear that word pass his lips.

Liam never spoke to me about his father. Not even when I asked. He merely shrugged it off and changed the subject and damn it, if I wasn't so shocked, I would backhand him across the face.

I should have persisted. Should have persusaded him to tell me the truth and if that hadn't worked, I would wrestle it out of him. I know Liam well enough to know he tends to spew the truth when I work him up to anger and frustration. 

Do I really know him that well? That's the question that creeps up to the back of my mind. It's an awful thought. And one that I immediatly dismiss the second after it occurs. I do know Liam, no matter how deceived I feel, I do know him. I know there has to be a reason he kept this, but still.

Why couldn't he have told me this? How could he kept this to himself? That his father is alive and breathing and living in fucking Sun Valley with a pack? His pack. 

Shock comes first but then deception follows it's path, leaking into my system and staying there as my free hands balls into a fist.

There has to be a reason. There has to be reason.

And if there isn't, then Liam better expect a round house kick to the freaking face or something and I just can't process rational or logical thoughts as of right now.

Seriously. I doubt I can actually kick high enough to reach Liam's face in the first place but damn it, I will find a way if I have to.

"It's been a while." Liam's father states, breaking the maddening silence. I see Liam's adam apple bob as he swallows roughly and his eyes scan the line of mutts before us.

One of them still has their teeth bared at me and I'm tempted to shove the barrel of my gun down it's freaking throat just because I can and want to. And because  I'm so angry and find the need to take my anger out on somebody else. For right now, at least.

"Yeah." Liam finally replies, quite monotonusly as well. Then again, I think I'd sound the same if I hadn't seen my father for years and suddenly just came back to joyous Sun Valley with my mate and unconious friend in tow.

Not to mention, said mate, equipped a gun in her hand.

You know, I always thought I'd have to skip this whole 'meet-the-parents' thing. Evidently, it would be skipped for the wrong reasons. Seeing as I thought LIam's whole family was dead and therefor I could just dodge it. 

Now I was meeting his father and his current pack and pulling out a gun. What an impression I've made.

I don't even know why I did it. Maybe the badass in me just reared it's ugly head and was like, hey! Wouldn't it be a great idea to bring out a gun and really scare these fuckers?