Real.

To the amazing person who made the banner, make sure to inbox me! It seems your PM has been deleted and I need your Wattpad name to dedicate it to you. Thank you. :) NOT EDITED, BTW!

         I examine myself in the reflection of Rosalyn's iPod.

Liam blows hot air onto my neck as he secures an arm around my torso, his nose nuzzling my ear as he whispers sleepy phrases. It's mostly incoherent, but from what I do understand, it's sweet.

He's been doing this since we've waken up. And I got curious onto what the hell he had been looking at so much till I got a hold of Rosalyn's iPod and stared into the shiny silver back of it only to find red marks decorated across my neck. Hickies, I think, that's what he's proud of?

But then I see it, the indent of teeth where my neck meets my shoulder and I come to stare at it too. And I understand. He watches me for my response in the reflection and I simply smile, trailing fingers down my neck. It's red for now but in a few days, it will scab over and then fall off, the indent of Liam's teeth staying there forever. A reminder. But not a bad one.

I can only think of Stella's and Jeremy's remark as I fall back into the pillows with a huff. "Nick work," I comment to Liam. His hand travels across my ribs and hip as he hums in agreeance.

I'm not angry like he thought I would be. It's apart of the process and something I knew would come with it. Maybe if I was the old, whiny Ronnie I would have been. But that was me when I was too busy complaining about not wanting a mate and not realizing what I had infront of me. 

Besides, we had sex. To me, sex is not something that I would just do for fun or for the hell of it. When I thought of having sex for the first time, I thought of being in love with that person. Not a one night stand or just merely liking the person. Sex has never been a small, insignificant thing to me so deciding to have sex was pretty much giving myself to Liam fully. Forever.

It's so fucking corny and cliche, but Liam will be my first and only. Literally.

Not even if I wanted to go have sex with another person would I be able to. Mate's are rare and complicated and this is a huge step with it. Marking. 

Technically, in the werewolf world, we're practically freaking married. Now Liam's scent will be on me all the time - if it wasn't already, which it probably was - and vice versa. It's a reminder to other packs that I'm taken and that they can't assault me, not even if they wanted to either. Liam can't have relations with other females as well and though there is no bite mark decorating his neck, they know he has someone. 

And if one of us is to die, then it is for sure the other will go with them. True mates are truly forever. It's not like picking - see, my mom chose my father and so when she died, he didn't. Was he depressed? Of course. But he didn't die like I would if Liam did - I guess it's some shit about souls and linking and all that bullshit but like I said, I don't know much because of the fact true mates are so hard to stumble upon.

And now that Liam and I both know we have Alpha blood, it will only mean our children will be stronger than the average. Liam is full blooded while I am only half, but even then, they'll probably  be stronger than their father when they get old enough. Maybe they will lead their own pack like Liam was meant to.

I analyze his profile as he sits up with me, pressing a soft kiss to the mark. It stings as he does so but it won't for long. I smooth my hand through my hair and then his. My body aches and my ass is pretty numb from sleeping on the wood floor, but nonetheless, the morning is perfect.

I'm sure Stella would gag if she heard my thoughts. It makes me laugh. 

Liam quirks an eyebrow and rubs at his stubble. "The stubble is sexy," I tell him and he smiles, leaning closer and brushing lips with mine.