Originals.

"It's not bleeding anymore," I repeat. "Did they find Stella?"

Liam sighs as he dabs at the blood under my nose. "No, Ron."

"What's taking them so long? Do you think she went far?" I question in worry. Liam shushes me as the compulsion to find Stella myself overcomes me. I know Stella didn't mean to break my nose - It doesn't hurt much. If anything, it throbs - and I'm worried about what the hell is happening and why the group has now reduced themselves to fighting. 

I know the cause of Stella's troubles - that is why she's been more snappy lately, right? - and I know she does dumb stuff when she's angry. 

For that reason, I made sure Alfie and his friends stayed behind. Along with Belle, who is now cuddled into his side as he reassures her he is fine. It's evident now. Her disappearing at night, it's because she's found her mate. Alfie and Belle, an unlikely and weird couple.

"Does your back hurt from hitting the table?" Liam presses at my back and checks for bruising but I shove his hand away with an eye roll.

"Liam, I'm fine. Stella." I remind him, placing my hands on both of his cheeks. He groans and moves away from me.

"I get it. They're looking for her." He says. I pout and consider asking him if I can go look for her, but knowing Liam, he will quickly reject the idea. All over a stupid broken nose. "So Alfie and Belle?" He nods over to them as if they aren't five feet away from us.

Surprisingly, they don't look up at the mention of their names.

"Stella was right," I murmur. Alfie protectively wraps an arm around her and kisses the top of her blue head. I wonder how long this has been going on and while they didn't feel the need to tell us. "Why is your dad leaving?"

Liam stiffens at the drift in conversation but settles onto the couch, grasping my hands. "He thinks it's too dangerous. He's worried that they'll get to his family like they somehow got to Ackhart." 

"That's just an excuse," I say and Liam agrees with nod. 

"He wants to be with his family, that's all." Liam adds. "Some of the others want to return home."

"What? Why?" Liam presses the tissue backs to my nose and instructs me to hold it. I'm not neccasirly confused as to why everyone wants to suddenly bail, at this point, Stella is a loose canon and is quickly angering everyone that we might need. "That was a stupid question," I admit sheepishly. "But they can't just leave cause of one fight."

"I think it's just dawning on them how serious the situation is. Especially after showing them the bullets. They could die; we could die." Liam twiddles with my fingers as if he hasn't just said that. I quickly yank my hand away.

"Hey," I coax him closer, lowering the tissue and placing my hand on his cheek. "We can't think like that."

"It's true," Tank suddenly chirps and I glare at him underneath my lashes. He returns it with equal fevor. Tank is evidently one of the one's questioning leaving. I don't care if he does. All I want is for Stella to return and Jeremy too as well. 

I shift to the couch and rest against Liam, raking a hand through my hair as I watch the clock tick. It's 1 AM. I won't be sleeping tonight, at least not until everyone gets back and news of Stella has been delivered.

It's another hour wait before anyone comes back, it's a blonde friend of Rosalyn who says she can't find Stella and that's she's going to bed. I nod in understanding and most retreat after her, informing me of the same news. Liam rubs my back and I feel like we are worried parents.