Angel of Small Death.

NOT EDITED. YEAH YEAH.

I always end up naming the chapters of song I'm listening to. :P

         "You know, your mother and I were like Ambrose and Mia."

I hum as I bite into the flesh of the apple and peer at Meredith out of the corner of my eye. 

"We use to spend hours together outside," she muses with a gentle smile. Her brown hair with hints of gold glimmers. I touch my own and wonder if it looks like that; if it's somehow gotten lighter from countless hours in the sun. "Which was funny, because we'd fight every minute of the day we got. Whether if it was about clothes, or boys."

Ambrose and Mia are doing the same in the distance, yanking on a hair brush and what pajamas each other will wear. By now, everyone has been tucked into bed beside Meredith and I, a long with the two fighting girls.

Meredith had requested I come put them to bed so we could talk. I agreed, while Liam groaned about it and trudged up to the room alone. Either way, he should be glad. We ended up getting the biggest room decked with a bathroom and all. 

"Girls, there's another brush under the vanity," Meredith calls and Mia runs off to retrieve, leaving Ambrose with a smug smile of victory. Meredith picks out a flowery pair of pink pajamas for both girls who take turns getting dressed in the bathroom. Mia is the first one out, plopping herself onto the king size bed. 

She turns to me and eyes me curiously, "Ambrose said were cousins," she says but she doesn't wait for me to chime in. "Can you braid my hair like yours?"

I nod mutely and settle onto the bed, dividing it into two sections and beginning. Meredith attends to Ambrose who requests braid too and I request the urge to roll my eyes at the both of them. The only reason they're so enticed with us all is because we're not familiar to them.

Ambrose practically spent the whole evening bugging Stella. To say that it didn't go well would be an understatement. 

They moved onto Rosalyn after who entertained them for a short amount of time about nails. From there, they moved to Belle and Alfie. When they realized they weren't getting to them, they pounced onto Liam. Quite literally too. 

He played with them for a while, mainly to appease the others who were getting driven wild by children, and meshed them quite well. But I wasn't surprised by that, seeing as Liam had a little sister. 

At the thought, my fingers still in Mia's hair, luckily, I've come to the end of the braid so I tie it off with a clear elastic. Mia beams at herself through the mirror placed on the wall and declare she loves it. I smile at her and even though Ambrose and Mia are polar opposites, they are menaces together. 

I met Mia's mother earlier - Alden's brother's wife - and she was very nice, as well as being extremely beautiful with long lashes and a caramel complexion. From there, she introduced me to everyone else and the line of people who were my 'family' continued. Almost all of them had mates and children, or well, children on the way. 

One thing people didn't fail to comment on was my appearance. It seemed everywhere I turned someone gushed about how I looked exactly like my mother. Thus that lead forth to saying I could pass for Meredith's daughter and Ambrose's sister. Ambrose beamed at that while I shuffled awkwardly. 

"Now go to bed you two," Meredith tucks the blankets up to their chests with a playful stern look. "We'll see you two tomorrow." 

"Night mommy," Ambrose presses a wet kiss to her cheek and gives me one as well. "Night Ron."