Dead or Alive.

Not edited.

               I assume I'm one of the first awake when I emerge from my room in the morning and I'm only greeted with silence.

Not that I'm complaining.

I had gotten up relatively early this morning, though I'm not sure why. Even after wasting away time with showering and digging around in my bag for clean clothes. The only clean clothes I had were my high wasted shorts and one of Stella's crop tops that I had stolen from her to wear to sleep. It was a bit small on me, but bearable and plus I wouldn't have to deal with Isaac's lingering eyes as long as he didn't find midriff sexy. 

It was barely midriff really. Just a slither of skin would show if I raised my arms up or anything which I planned on not doing. I paired the outfit with my usual combat boots and braided my hair and I was out the door, though I regretted it the moment I stepped out and realized I didn't know where anything was and that most of the occupants in the house weren't willing to help. 

So I kinda just walked around and attempted knocking on Stella's door but all I got was a 'leave me the hell alone' and so, at her request, I left her alone and instead wandered farther down the hall until I came to an open door.

I peeped inside only to be met with Jeremy's sleeping face. Or unconscious face. Coma face? Whatever you want to refer to his deep slumber, I guess.

I stayed in the doorway, though. Wondering if Dr. Ackhart was going to pop up but to my relief he didn't and so I took the initiative to walk in and slither to Jeremy's side.

Someone - I'm assuming Dr. Ackart - had changed him into a plain hospital gown and hooked him up to various machines, including a heart monitor and an IV. 

I looked around to make sure no one would pop out on me and found my eyes glued to the medicine cabinet and a mini fridge propped up on another filing cabinet. My curiosity got the best of me so I wandered over, examining the medicine cabinet for a while before finding nothing interesting. 

On his desk were scattered documents, one including Jeremy's chart and a notebook with observations that were about the blue liquid. I skimmed over it but found nothing than theories. Question marks were splayed across the page a long with the word Drug at the top.

I scuffed but pondered it. What if it was a drug? What if Jeremy had accidentally OD without even knowing it? But it didn't make sense if it was a drug. I knew the Purgatory were messed up but that bullet, the minute it hit Charlotte, she was knocked out minutes later and I'm pretty sure a drug does that but then again, what did I know? 

Another word caught my attention. Tranquilizer. 

I went to grab the notebook and in the process, managed to hit the mouse with it, causing the desktop to come to life.

I pretty much freaked out.

I threw the notebook back on the desk and was about to bolt out of there when the glowing monitor caught my attention.

An article was on the screen and at the top of it, a picture. The same picture I saw on the newspaper that the woman at the diner gave me.

It was the man - hunter - once again with the large wolf dangling beside him, dead, with flecks of blood on it's chest. The man bore a smile while in his other arm was his shotgun.

I felt sick.

That wolf was no average wolf. It was bigger then the hunter himself and I wondered he even managed to follow it and kill it. He would have had to put a lot of bullets in that wolf just to take it down, especially if it was one of us.