Josh and Mathidle (7/20/12)

The day you were finally waiting for was here.

You were going to your first One Direction concert, and you were so excited. But not for reasons that anyone else would think. Sure the all of the One Direction boys were beautiful, but you had your eye on someone else.

Just looking at the boy you wouldn't know he was anything special. But to you, and many other girls he was.

He was relatively short for a guy, just reaching 5'7". He was the only boy in the universe who stand next to One Direction and still look like an angel. He was Josh Devine.

So when you were standing in line waiting to enter the venue you flipped.

"What's wrong, Mathidle?" your friend asked you.

Just as he was walking by you could feel you knees grow weak. "That's Josh Devine." At the sound of his name he looked over at you and smiled.

You froze. Did he he just smile at me? You thought to yourself. Wait, rewind even further back. Did he you acknowledge my presence?

You must've zoned out for a moment because when you stopped thinking about what just happened the boy was no one where in sight and your friend was pulling on you arm while rolling her eyes.

After a couple minutes you started to go back to your normal state, which wasn't exactly normal to begin with.

Then you saw him again. Wait, what? You rubbed your eyes and looked back over at the door to see him walking out with a pen and paper. He stopped to talk to a few fans and you watched him the entire time.

Your friend laughed at your obsessiveness but didn't bother you, knowing that you would try to punch her if she disrupted your precious time fangirling over your one true love.

Josh bent over to talk to a little girl around 7 or 8. He smiled at the girl and looked around the venue as if trying to spot someone. His eyes fell on you and he stopped. So did your heart.

You managed a small wave and he waved back. He stood up from the little girl and you were hoping he was coming over to talk to you but he moved to the next girl in line.

Almost the same thing happened. As soon as he was done taking a picture with the girl he looked at you. And the next girl. And the next. Then suddenly he was walking your way. You turned around to make sure it was you who kept looking at and not many others seemed to notice him at the moment so you figured you were right, although you still didn't want to get your hopes up.

Just then the unthinkable happened. Management tapped him on the shoulder and told him it was time to go. He started to walk away. Before the door closed behind him he turned to you, shrugged, and moved inside the building.

You were highly disappointed. It wasn't often something like this happened to you- it wasn't often something like this happened to anyone- but you had no choice but to move on and just appreciate what did happen.

It was difficult for you to pay attention to the rest of the boys on stage. For most of the concert you either were jumping to the music, singing loudly with your friends, or staring at Josh. To soon the concert came to an end and the boys all left the stage and everyone was ushered out of the building. 

Of course, neither you nor your friends were ready to let this time come to and end, so you went over to the buses to try to catch a glimpse of the boys.

Security tried to get you to leave but you stood your ground saying you were staying, and since it was just a few girls they gave in.

Rounding the corner you heard the laugh of a young Irishman you had grown to love. You saw the heads of three boys come around the truck. Harry, Liam and Niall all walked into the bus giving you girls a slight wave and a smile. You tried to keep you composure as another set of three came around. Louis, Zayn and then finally Josh.

They all noticed you and started to wave. Josh smiled too, not even sure if anyone would recognize him at all. Then his eyes went wide. 

Soon he was walking over to you and you tried to keep still but you couldn't stop moving so you bit your lip out of nervousness.

"I think I saw you earlier," he said finally standing in front of you. You were freaking out on the inside so you decided not to speak but to give him a nod of the head, and good thing, because you may have screamed.

"I was meaning to give this to you earlier. I'm Josh by the way." He handed you the piece of paper from earlier and your fingers touched. You almost went into shock.

"Mathidle," you said, barely a whisper.

He smiled but the other boys called for him to come on the bus. "Well it was nice meeting you," he smiled, starting to turn away.

You couldn't believe it. You stood there frozen still. Even your friends were wide eyed. None of you moved till security pushed you out of the way and then you are your friends started towards the car.

"Mathidle, what does it say?!" Your friends asked eagerly.

You looked down in your hands and sure enough there was the piece of paper, just a little crinkled. You smiled as you read it aloud to your friends.

"It says 'You're beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise'." 

You got a chorus of awwes from your friends but you weren't convinced. You got into the car and kept reading over the crumpled piece of paper, smiling from ear to ear.

The car came to a sudden stop and you dropped the paper. You bent down to pick it up. You noticed on the back were 10 digits.

He gave you his phone number.