Niall and MaryKate (7/20/12)

You sat on porch just staring at the night sky. It was getting late and your boyfriend still wasn't home.

The fans always seemed to be gathered around your flat, even when Niall wasn't home. Even almost a year into your relationship you still weren't used to all the attention- the screaming fans, the flashing cameras- you even had a few fan twitters. It was crazy to think what dating a celebrity could do to your life. Change. Even, change is an understatement.

The stars in the night sky were twinkling and as you leaned up against the railing you laid your head back and just enjoyed the sounds of the night: crickets, trees rustling in the wind.

You tried hard to block out the fans screaming calls from behind the newly placed fence in the front yard. Eventually the only noise you could hear was the soft voice in your head, going through the last year in a blur.

"You're still up?"

You opened your eyes to see Niall standing at just the bottom of the porch steps. You checked your watch, 11:42. Wow, you were out here longer than you thought.

"I guess so," you said. You patted the spot next to you and the blonde haired boy ran over and slid down next you.

You still got tingles in your fingers that shot up your arms when you entwined your fingers together.

You still held your breath every time you saw him watching you.

You still got butterflies every time he said your name. Well, anytime he said anything for that matter.

"How was your day?" you asked Niall.

"It was good, but it would've been better if you were there, MaryKate."

You chuckled at the overused line but couldn't help as a light blush came onto your cheeks. You turned your face so he wouldn't notice.

"Hey, don't do that. It's cute when you blush," he protested grabbing your chin.

You stared into each other's eyes for a long moment, his deep blue oceans pounding into yours. Finally, he took his hand away and looked at the sky.

"That one there," he said pointing, "is Pegasus. Do you see it?" he asked looking down at you.

You looked up into the sky and didn't see anything. You lied, nodding a yes.

He laughed. "You don't, do you?"

"No, not really," you laughed with him.

"Okay, let's go with an easier one. Let's see," he searched the sky once 

more, "oh, look it's Orion!" he said enthusiastically.

You looked up at the sky in hopes on seeing something, anything, but it was no luck. You a scatter of bright lights on a black background.

You leaned back against the railing, sighing. "No," you huffed.

"It's okay," he said rubbing your shoulder. "It's not that great. At least not compared to you."

Again you laughed but he kept a straight face.

"What?" he asked cocking his head sideways.

"You're always lying, saying I'm great."

"You're always lying, saying you're not," he countered. "Can't you just take a compliment? You're perfect. Maybe not to you, but to me. You're just always making me fall deeper and deeper in love every day."

"Oh stop," you said hitting his arm playfully.

You looked up to see a hurtful expression for once.

"Can you please take a compliment? Just once?" he paused, moving a piece of hair out of your eyes. "For me?" he added.

You swallowed but just nodded your head. Not sure why, but you could feel tears rolling down your cheeks. At the touch of his had against your cheeks you flinched but let him wipe the years away.

He grabbed your chin for the second time that night and kissed you passionately on the lips. When you came apart he smiled.

"You are perfect," he said.