Niall and Lily (8/25/12)

You were at the local grocery store, just grabbing the necessities needed for the week. You dreaded shopping for food, but since you lived alone you were the only one able to do it.

You went over to the cookie aisle because who wouldn't want a nice box of Oreos? You tried to reach for the box but they were on the top shelf, so you had to stand on your tip toes.

Just as you felt the box in your hands you felt your feet fall slightly from underneath and you came crashing to to ground. Along with a display of donuts that fell all over the floor.

"Shit," you mumbled, watching helplessly as donut were sprawled all over the floor. Some fell out of the boxes and some were crushed as other boxes fell on top of them. 'Why did I have to be so clumsy?' You thought to yourself.

You laid your head back on the floor, muttering to yourself as you did so. Eventually someone had to come over and see this mess. You decided to lay there a little longer, not wanting to move. You closed your eyes and started to push yourself up, knowing that wasn't going to be realistic.

"Excuse me," an Irish accent called out. You eyes shot open and in front of you stood Niall, from One Direction. What was he doing here?

You stared at him in shock as he bent down and grabbed a donut. "I'm going to eat this, okay?" he said.

Honestly, he was probably freaked out that your were staring at him with your mouth wide open, not saying anything. But what were you supposed to do? I mean, you were practically laying in a pile of donuts.

But even still he just stood there and stared back at you while he stuffed the donut into his mouth. He bent down and picked up another donut, his eyes never leaving yours. 

"Do you," he motioned towards the donut, "want this?"

You pushed yourself off the ground and walked over to him grabbed the donut from his hands.

He swallowed the last bit of the donut and spoke, "I'm Niall."

"I know. How could I not?"

"And your name is?" he asked.

"Lily," you said smiling. You looked over at his cart to see it full of junk food. "Trying to gain some weight, ehh?"

Niall laughed, "I don't know what you're talking about," he said trying to push the cart away but ended up running over some of the donuts.

"Now I see why the other boys don't let you do the shopping," you laughed.

Niall smiled, "Yeah well, I don't normally come alone but tonight I just wasn't in the mood for sitting at home and I wanted food so... here I am!"

"That's good," you said awkwardly, still not believing you were actually having a conversation with your idol.

"So Lily, how would you like to see me again?"

You mouth immediately dropped open and you stood there in shock. Did Niall Horan just ask me out on a date?

He laughed and pushed your mouth up gently. Just the touch of him on your chin made your insides go crazy and you wanted to parade around the store screaming and yelling but you knew that would be a little strange. Especially if Niall saw.

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "Here, put your number in my phone so I can text you."

"Okay," you said blushing. You could feel him watching you as you typed your number into his phone and handed it back to him. "I promise I'm not always this awkward," you laughed. "It's not everyday I meet Niall Horan while sitting in a pile a donuts."

He laughed, "We can change that," he said taking the phone from your hands. You weren't sure if you melted inside because of what he said, or the fact that his hand brushed yours.

"I've got to go but I'll text you later," he said turning and walking away with a flirty wave.

You stood there not knowing what to do with yourself so you picked up another donut and just walked away trying to look as natural as possible but you had guilty written all over you.