Zayn and Mikayla (7/25/12)

You were your usual cafe, in your usual seat by the window, drinking your usual coffee- French Vanilla with one cream and two sugars. You smiled as your usual waitress brought over another cup and set it down on the table in front of you.

As you opened the cream you heard the chimes on the door open. You didn't look up to see who it was, figuring no one special would be coming in anytime soon. You shook the sugar packets before starting to rip open the packets.

"May I sit here?" a voice asked.

You jumped at the sound and split the packet to far, sending sugar every where.

"Oi, my eye," the voice called again.

"I'm so sorry," You said and dabbed a napkin in water and stood up to help the stranger get some of the sugar out of their eye. "Here, let me help you." You looked up and stood with your mouth open. You couldn't believe your eyes. It was Zayn. The Zayn Malik. 

Quickly you noticed he was still in pain and helped him by dabbing his eye with the wet napkin. You worked gently, trying not to hurt him. After a few minutes he pushed your hand away. 

"I think I'm alright now thanks," he said smiling.

You straightened out your clothes and cleared your throat. "Sorry about that, I just wasn't expecting anyone. You scared me."

The black haired boy chuckled, "I can tell. And no, it's my fault. I should've said something first."

You stood there awkwardly for a moment before looking down at the table. "Would you still like to sit?" 

"Sure," he said, sliding into the booth across from yours. "That's why I came over here in the first place, isn't it?" he asked, slight laughter coming from his voice.

"I guess so," you said teaching towards the sugar tub. You grabbed two more and started shaking them.

"You be careful now," Zayn said jokingly. You rolled you eyes and tore the package smoothly, pouring the sugar into your coffee. You looked up and he smiled. "Well you know who I am. What's your name, love?"

"Mikayla," you said, looking into his eyes. You almost got lost in his perfect orbs, but then he cleared his throat. You jumped back and the waitress came over. You had already ordered so you just watched as Zayn ordered a bowl of the soup. You noticed the waitress eye up your partner. He didn't realize but it probably happened all the time.

"What," he said looking at you.

"Nothing," you said as you stirred your coffee.

"I know. It's the waitress isn't it?" you nodded and he continued. "Well it happened all the time. You learn to ignore it after a while. But have nothing to worry about. I sat down next you, after all."

You looked around the cafe. There weren't many other girls your age on the room so you didn't really have much competition anyways, but you smiled anyways.

"So what are you doing here?" you asked Zayn.

"Want the truth?" you nodded and kept going. "well to be honest, I wasn't even hungry. But I was walking by and saw you in the window and had to come introduce myself."

"Shut up," you said slapping his hand.

"No I'm serious," he protested. "It's not every day one of the most beautiful girls are sitting alone."

"Okay, now stop. I'm serious," as much as you loved getting a compliment from him you didn't want to get led on too much, knowing he'd probably forget about you by next week.

"Listen. Mikayla. Don't believe me, but at least give me a chance?" he held out his phone that had a contact in it already. Sighing you took the phone and place your number. "Was that so hard?" he asked standing up.

"I guess not," you laughed. He smiled and you smiled back. 

"Leaving so soon?" the waitress asked coming over with your sandwich and his soup.

"Yeah, sadly I need to get back to work. I was just going for a short walk but got distracted," he winked at you and continued on, "but here's some money. Use it for mine and this special girl's meal right here. Keep the change for yourself after."

"Zayn, no-" you protested but he was already almost out the building.

"I'll text you later, Mikayla," he shut the door behind him and the waitress walked away mumbling to herself.

You sat there, stunned.

What just happened, you thought to yourself.

One thing was for sure, and that was the fact that Zayn was much hotter in person.