Chapter 8 - One Less Story

Shiaye's P.O.V.

Light shined in my eyes making me squint and cover my face with my hand. That's when my arm started to hurt. I opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar room. "Where am I?" I sat up holding my head as it was being split in half.

My eyes wandered to the side where a piece of paper sat under a container. ShiSui's eye was floating in it. I grabbed it and started to wander what substance it was in. Then it dawned that on me that this was the same substance that was in the jutsu Itachi casted over us.

'Come to the office when you're awake. Welcome home. -Gaara'

"Home?" I asked out loud before getting up slowly. My whole body ached as I pulled on one of Gaara's black undershirts before taking out one of my Uchiha jackets and slipping it on.

I walked outside before locking the door and putting the keys and eye in her pocket. Soon, I was walking up the stairs to the meeting room to where Gaara was. One of the people stopped talking making Gaara turn in his chair.

He smiled at me before turning back to the group and continued. I walked in leaning on the back of his chair. Even doing this hurt. 'Why do I hurt so much anyways? All I remember is..'

Flashes of Danzo spitting up blood and black pouring out of him went across my mind. 'I did it Itachi, ShiSui.'

"That's all I wanted to discuss." Gaara says making me wake from my thoughts. I moved so that he could get out of his chair and wait for the others to leave.

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Do you like it?" Gaara asked as Shiaye sat on the table wincing. "I loved the house." She says smiling as Gaara frowned. "What's wrong?" Gaara looked at her as he sighed.

"Did you do it?" Shiaye looked up at him before looking away. "Yes. I did." Gaara went silent at his wife's words. Shiaye sighed before debating what she should do next.

"I want to tell you the truth behind why we hate him so much Gaara." Shiaye said looking at her summoning band. Gaara sat down in the chair beside her while Shiaye summoned the bear Itachi gave her when she was a kid.

Gaara looked at her in question as she bit her lip and unziped the back of it. She then proceded to dump everything out on the table before sitting the bear down.

"This is just my reason. Sasuke doesn't know too much about it." Shiaye looked at the note in her hand. Gaara took hold of it looking up at his wife. She nodded letting it go as Gaara unfolded the note Itachi received a couple days after ShiSui died.

His suicide note.

Gaara's eyes widen looking up at her. Shiaye looked away as her fists tightened around the table edge.

"Danzo stole ShiSui's eye that night, the one the mist ninja pointed at at the Summit. He stole it because he didn't want ShiSui to do something to the clan that he didn't approve of.  I was there when it happened. After ShiSui fought with Danzo for a bit, the pain and exhaustion kicked in. Just as we were about to be killed, Itachi saved us."

"ShiSui gave his left eye to Itachi, who put it in the crow for safe keeping. Then, ShiSui said his last words before falling off the cliff in the woods down into the river." Shiaye looked down at Gaara as the images flashed across her mind.

"So he didn't want to die.." Gaara trailed off as Shiaye nodded. "No. He didn't. In a way he was forced into it."

"Now this," Shiaye paused picking up the other note from the pile of things. "Is it." Gaara took the note from Shiaye's hands as he read over it.