Chapter 15 - Sand and Leaf

~A couple weeks later~

I stood on the stairs of the back porch looking out and holding my stomach. My family and I are all now on good terms, and I'm quite happy about where I am. But, I miss all of my other family. My friends. My husband. My brother. Naruto.

"You shouldn't stare at it long. It might suck you in." I jump a little before turning and seeing ShiSui. "Is that so? What is it anyways?" ShiSui looked towards the light that shined brightly at the back of the compound.

"It's the light that decides your fate. None of us have gone into it because we fear it. We don't know where it goes." ShiSui walks up next to me as I nod my head. "So basically its to move on completely."

"I came to check up on you. Orders from your father." I turn towards him with my eyebrow raised. "So you really take orders from him now?" ShiSui frowned t my laugh before shaking his head.

"I always have. That was the whole reason behind me getting to marry you." After he said that, everything was dead silent for a moment. "What?" I asked looking over at him. "We were betrothed a few months after you were born. That was why I always hung around you when you were little. And plus, I really liked you as a person."

"Oh." I say looking down at my stomach. If ShiSui didn't die, I wouldn't be married to Gaara. Maybe things really did happen for a reason.

"That's not what I came here to discuss. There is someone I'd really like you to meet." ShiSui says before looping my arm in his and carefully dragging me with him. "Who is it?" I ask looking over to him. He just smiled and shook his head telling me to wait.

We made our way down the stairs and onto the streets before he walked to a door that was literately on the hill. ShiSui opened the door before allowing me to go in first. Everything was dark, but I could tell where we were once my feet hit the ground.

Sand was under my feet and it started floating around before building surrounded us. ShiSui began dragging me along again before we stopped in front of the Kazekage building. "Why are we here ShiSui?" I ask before he just smiled.

"I'm assuming you know where the living quarters are since you once stayed here. There is someone who wanted to meet you." After saying that, he waved before someone called him over.

I sighed before turning towards the building and walking in. Looking around, I could see things were different from what they were when Gaara and I stayed here. It was more feminine. I walked up the two flights of stairs before knocking on the door that leads to the living space.

Moving could be heard behind the door before a womens voice told me to come in. Slowly I turned the handle and walked in to see a woman with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. "Please come sit. I'll make you a cup of tea."

I nodded before sitting down and looking around the room more. That was when I saw my wedding photo sitting on the table. Kankuro and Temari were also all over the place. "Karura?"

"I'm happy you know my name. Does Temari and Kankuro tell you about me?" She asked her back still facing me. "They've told me what they could remember of you. It's so nice to meet you." I say.

"It's very nice to be meeting you as well my daughter." She says turning towards me and smiling kindly. I smile and thank her as a cup of tea is sat in front of me. "How is my other son?"

"Well, I don't really know at this moment. Last time I saw him, he was peaceful." I tell her looking at my reflection that glazed the liquid. "I saw what you did. You were very brave Shiaye." Her hand covered mine making me look up.

"Wait, you said you saw it?" I asked as hope arises in me. "They have a globe in each of the villages where people can see the living, but with your condition..." She trailed off acting as if she was thinking for words.

"You should have your own personal one. Especially since you're not really gone. Half of your soul is still out there and the other half is here." She explained before the clock went off. "Do you mean Shiki?"

Karura looked towards the clock before looking at me. "Shiki is her own individual soul. The soul is truly yours Shiaye." My eyes widened looking at her. "But that's no possible. I was stillborn. I was dead until Shiki came into my body."

"Even in death, you have a soul." Karura stood up before sighing. "You should go before they lock the doors." I stood up before looking at her. She walked towards me and held onto the sides on my stomach before bringing me in for a hug. "Give one to Gaara for me please."

~~~~~~~~

"I didn't want to give it to you because of all the things that were happening." My father says getting a box down from the attic and handing it to me. "Things?" I basically ripped the box opened and grabbed the crystal ball out of it.

"Just think of the certain person you want to see." My father says before putting his hand on my shoulder and walking down the stairs. Making my way out to the field, I sat down and held the crystal to my chest.

'Gaara. I'm sorry.' The thought had crossed my mind a billion of times, and now I get to see how much this has effected him. I gasped as I saw him being thrown back away from someone. Madara maybe?

After seeing that I put the crystal on the ground and let my tears fall as I laid down. I can't stay here much longer. Everyone is dying and I'm sitting here relaxing for my selfish needs. "Shiaye. Stop thinking negatively." I freeze before sitting up.

Itachi was kneeled beside me holding the crystal out to me. "How can I not. I only looked at that things for five seconds and it was enough to bring me down."

"It's war Shiaye." He says as I take the crystal. "It's not suppose to be pretty." Itachi helped my up and dried my tears from my cheeks before walking me inside.

"I would like to know if Shiaye Uchiha is here." That voice. "Neji?" I ask letting go of Itachi and walking into the living room to the door. I froze before hugging him tightly but carefully. "No. No. No. No. What happened?" I asked hanging onto him for dear life.

"I am fine with it Shiaye. I chose my own destiny and didn't follow someone else." Neji says making me smile as I pulled away from him. "You really did learn something from that knuckle head."

"If he would like, he may join us for dinner. How about the Uchiha and the Hyuga joining for dinner tonight. The Uchiha will host." My mother say coming in with a smile planted on her face.

"I'm sure my family would like that." Neji says before saying his goodbyes. "We must start preparing at once. Come Shiaye. You will do simple tasks." My mother smiled pulling me along. A smile lit up my face. My mother was happy and I was going to cook with her.

It's just like old times.

*********************************************************

Chapter 15 - Sand and Leaf

Dedicated To: mutedmusicgirl12

Dates Written: 4/29/16

Date Published:4/29/16

Song: Naruto Shippuden [AMV] - Day Of The Dead

Song Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct54fdBngzI

Photo Link: https://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/uchiha-itachi-by-demiora.jpg

*********************************************************