Epilogue

~6 years later~

"Alright, today class we will be learning how to throw kunai." Shiaye says looking upon her class of 24 which included her three children. "Now watch as I show you the proper stance and hand placement. Some will be different."

Shiaye showed the class all of the things they needed to know before she started to grade each of them. "Great job everyone. You all did so well today. Here is come treats for you all to take home."

"Thank you Lady Shiaye!" The whole class cheered before it was just Shiaye and her three children. "Will father be joining us for dinner tonight?" Karoto asks making Shiaye frown. "I'm not for sure darling."

"Father is never home!" Ragaka yells making Shiaye hug them all. "I know it's hard, but your father loves being the Kazekage and he gives us a wonderful life. He loves you all the most." Shiaye smiles pulling them back.

"Tell you what, if you help me tidy up the classroom, mommy will persuade father to come get ice cream with us." The three share a look before hurrying around the room and cleaning up. Shiaye grabbed her phone from her bag and went out into the hallway.

"Hello?" Gaaras voice sounded stressed making Shiaye sigh. "The kids and I were wondering if you could come get some ice cream with us?" Papers could be heard meaning he had her on speaker. "Shiaye, I'm kinda busy."

"Gaara, they're asking about you. Please, just this once. We can stay at the Kazekage building tonight and I can help you after the kids go to sleep." Shiaye crossed her fingers as her heart sped up. "I guess I can leave for a little bit."

"Kids hurry up Father is coming for ice cream!" Shiaye yelled and started to laugh as running could be heard. "Meet you there."

Hitachi was the first to come out with her mother's bag in tow. "Here you go mommy." They all smiled before they walked outside.

Shiaye sighed as her feet met sand.'It's been 6 years since the war. Six years since I resigned from being a ninja. Six years since I've given birth to these beautiful children.'

"Mommy?" Karoto asks pulling on her skirt, breaking Shiaye from her thoughts. "I'm sorry. I got caught up in my thoughts again." She apologizes before picking up Karoto. "Where'd your brother and sister go?"

Karoto points towards the ice cream shop making Shiaye sigh. Shiaye walks in to see Gaara paying for their ice cream. "Karoto, there you are." Gaara says instantly switching to father mode. Karoto got out of Shiayes arms before running towards him.

They embraced before the family sat down to enjoy their ice cream. Shiayes eyes wandered out towards the window.

"So you're saying there's nothing we can do?" Shiaye asked Tsunade as she sighed. "I'm afraid so."

"Then why did I faint? I felt something." Shiaye says as Gaara grabs her hand. "Your body is still trying to get use to the lack of chakra. There are going to be a side effect for a while, but they'll eventually go away."

"Shiaye, I know this is hard for you. It's going to take time-" Shiaye stood up and walked out of the office before walking towards Sakura's house to retrieve her two children.

"Shiaye?" Gaara asks shaking his wife's hand making her stand from the table. "Where's Hitachi?" Shiaye looked around before knowing the answer. "You got these two trouble makers?"

Gaara nodded before Shiaye walked the long way to the top of the mountain. A red-headed seven year old sat looking out towards the sunset. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Shiaye asks as Hitachi pats the spot next to her.