Chapter 27 - Sandstorms

2 Months And A Week Later.

"He left again." Karin states as Shiaye comes around the corner. "I'm glad to see you up and moving." Karin says turning towards her. "Me too. I feel a lot better, but I'm still tired." Shiaye sat down on the couch before resting her hands on her stomach.

"Why did Sasuke leave this time?" Shiaye asked as Karin sits a cup of tea down. "Said that he had to meet with someone. Whoever it was they must have been important. He left in such a hurry."

Shiaye sipped the tea before wiping the sweat from her forehead. "Do you still have pains?" Karin asked sitting next to her. "Yeah, but they're bearable unlike before." Karin nodded as they sit in silence.

"I wanna talk to you." Sasuke started coming in the door and sitting down a bag. Shiaye looked at the bag before looking at her brother. "Alright. What is it?" She asked as Sasuke glanced at Karin. "Alone."

"Fine." She sighed pushing herself up before Karin stopped her by getting up and leaving the room. Shiaye sat back down and got comfortable again. They sat in silences as Sasuke looked at his hands.  "Sasuke?" Shiaye scooted up towards the edge of the couch and grabbed his hands.

"I'm taking you to the sand." He says standing up and looking down at Shiaye. "Why? I don't want to go back yet." Shiaye says grabbing onto him and pulling herself up. "I won't have a bit of freedom there."

"Shiaye. He misses you. A lot." Sasuke says looking away from her and looking down at the bag. "That's who you went to see?" Shiaye asked looking at the bag with him before going towards it.

"He bought you something and he got you some dango." Sasuke says as Shiaye grabs a purple dress and holds it up before getting a box of dango out. "I see.." Shiaye mumbled before grabbing a stick of dango and chowing down.

"You're much healthier now and your body is slowly warming up to not holding chakra. Right now isn't the best time to test your bodies limit, but you need to be with your husband. I won't force you to go, but you need to go." Sasuke says walking towards the door before Shiaye stops him by pulling on his arm.

She pulled herself as close as she could to her brother as he arms went around him. Sasuke froze before sighing and wrapping his arm around her. "How about we go into town for dinner tonight?"

Shiaye nodded but didn't let go. "I have to go check on Karin and the others." Sasuke says pulling away from her before disappearing down the hall. Shiaye turned towards the dress lying on the table and smiled a bit.

The dress was silky and a very light shade of purple. Above the waistline, there was a neat bow with extra material hanging from it. "I have to admit, he picked out a good one." She mumbled running her hand over it.

Picking up the bag, weight shifted making her pear into it once more. A small black box was still in the bag waiting to be opened. Shiaye hesitated as she picked up the box and examined it. As she opened her eyes sadden as she sat back down on the couch. Inside was Itachi's locket with a small piece of paper.

"Thought that you'd want this back." Shiaye read before looking at the locket and opening it. Inside the picture were crinkled but still as clear as ever. (If you don't remember which pictures are in there, it's the ones of her family and one of her and ShiSui.)

"Ready to go?" Sasuke asked coming around the corner and looking at his sister. "Whats that?" Shiaye looked up at him before offering the locket towards him. Sasuke looked down at the family photo they took weeks before everything went ballistic.

"I found a nice restaurant that serves Soba and other things. Let's go." Sasuke helped Shiaye up before putting the necklace around her neck.

~~~~~