Chapter 16 - Let Go

Shiaye's P.O.V.

Sitting the last bowl on the table, I wiped the sweat from my brow. I've been working nonstop since 5 this morning, and I was happy with the results. After a few moments of arguing, I got my mother to agree to me about letting me take this dinner on by myself. 

I shouldn't have done that.

My mother shook her head, but she was smiling. "You did a swell job. The Hyuga clan will be over in an hour." I nod my head before walking up the stairs carefully and going into my room and grabbing another white dress. It was the only clothing in this closet, but I wasn't complaining.

I went into the bathroom and stripped before getting into a normal temperature shower. It was cold the first time I took one, but I've gotten use to it. And, it was wonderful. 

I looked down washing my stomach and smiling as the water hit it. Gaara and I created something beautiful. And he still doesn't know about it, or does he? Tsunade was the only one alive who knew. And now that I'm gone, does he know?

I shut the water off and pulled the blue towel around me before getting out. This wasn't how I imagined spending my first few married months. Nothing even came close to how I wanted it to be and it made me very upset.

My eyes trailed down to the place where Shikis tattoo use to be. The only thing left of it was an outline.  "Shiaye please try to hurry." Itachi says knocking on the door. "I'm almost done." I tell him slipping the dress over my head and combing my fingers through my short hair.

Short hair really does make me seem older. 

I walked out in the hallway to hear the buzzing of voices downstairs. The first person I go to was Neji. He was sitting down talking to a man that looked as old as my father. "My name is Shiaye." I say holding out my hand waiting for him to shake it.

He looked at it before smiling a bit. "There is no reason to be so formal. My name is Hizashi." I nodded pulling my hand back and sitting down slowly next to Neji. "So you're pregnant?" Neji asks pouring a glass of water and handing it to me. "Yeah. I'd say two and half half or three months. I'm not really for sure." 

"You're very large to be that far along don't you think?" I nodded my head at that question before looking around only to find a pair of eyes on me. ShiSui. "I'll be right back Neji." Neji nods standing up before pulling me up. 

I smiled and said a few hellos before standing next to ShiSui. "So, wanna tell me your secret?" I ask sipping some of my tea and raising an eyebrow towards him. "I don't like this." ShiSui said making me look more concerned at him.

"Other men around you. Another mans baby inside of you." He says and a look of regret comes upon his face when he says the last part. "It's not like he put it in me by force ShiSui. I love Gaara with all my heart and that is why I married him. I'm sorry, but get over it." I say quietly before walking outside and breathing in the fresh air.

"It's not good for a pregnant women to be stressed."  Karura says coming into view. I hug her the second she was in front of me. She shushed me while petting my hair. "So this is her?" I let go of Karura and face a man that was very familiar.

"I must apologize how our first meeting went." Rasa says holding his hand out. I take it and shake it before he smiles slightly. "Don't worry too much about it." I say before letting go of his hand. "Let me escort you inside."

And that's exactly what I did.

Later on, we moved everyone outside. The dining hall had become packed and we had even removed the walling. That's when I started to get this strange feeling in my gut. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't pleasant. 

"And so we told the man all about the picture we wanted and h-" No sound could be heard anymore making me look around. All of their mouths were moving and the record player was still spinning around. 

What was happening?

I stood up looking around as everything started to go in slow motion. "Shiaye." That voice. "Shiaye!" I put my cup down before looking at the bright light in our back yard. "Shiaye can you hear me?! Shiaye!" 

I walked down the stairs of the patio before going over to the light and standing right in front of it. "Shiaye?" Little ripples could be seen going all around the light. Looking at the one that stayed the longest, I cautiously put my hand over it.

"Naruto. I can hear you." I say closing my eyes as my hand slips through the light. "Please hold my hand." My voice cracks as tears started to leak from my closed eyes. "I'm right here." His voice says before his fingers intertwined with mine. 

"You don't know how happy I am to hear your voice." I opened my eyes to see Naruto smiling at me. "You're real. Something is really real." He looks at me in question before I'm fully surrounded in the white. 

"All of this here, is real. But, whenever someone hugs me or grabs my hand, it doesn't feel like this." I say holding onto his other hand as well. "What happened to you?" Naruto asks as I frown. "I can't really share that yet with you. If I tell you, you won't let me follow through with my plan."

Naruto looked down before squeezing my hands. "You really are pregnant." He looks up before smiling. "Yeah. I am."

"Naruto I need to know if he is carrying around my body." I tell him getting down to business. If this doesn't work, I'll have to change to plan B.

"He meaning Madara?" Naruto asks as his eyes harden a little. "Yes." A breath of relief blew out of my mouth. "He's not carrying it around himself but he has one of those white Zetsu guys carrying it around. It's like he's taunting us with it." I rolled my eyes. At least Shiki got through to him.

"Good. And don't be taunted by it. I'm not really dead. He's just acting as a taxi for me right now." I say before I feel like someone is staring at my back. "I'm going to have to go back before I get stuck here." I  tell him before letting go of his hands and turning only to be stopped.

Naruto wrapped his arms around me awkwardly trying not to bump my stomach. "Come back soon. He can't take much more of it. He is blaming himself for it all." I freeze before pulling back from him. "He did nothing  I was the one who walked right into Madaras hands."

"But he let you go Shiaye."

*********************************************************

Chapter 16  - Let Go

Dedicated To:  Kakashi21_Anbu

Dates Written: 5/3-5/9/16

Date Published: 5/9/16

Song: ShikaTema AMV - Crush Crush C R U S H

Song Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dEcZsQ3tXI

Photo Link: http://static.tumblr.com/37388d4018ba7d485e9b733b62d72035/9iudgu4/9KOmkv1kc/tumblr_static_dw0ydrpg_kk_large.jpg

*********************************************************