Chapter 28 - Tea Shops and Hot Springs

A look of anger overtook Gaara's face as he tried to keep his cool. 'No news for a month, weeks even! And, the best part, she came here looking so innocent.' Gaara thought before his eyes travel over her body before stopping on her stomach. 

It took all of his control to stop him from running over there and embarrassing her and holding his child, but he couldn't. She needed to know what she had  put him through. "Shiaye," Gaara says standing up before walking in front of his desk.

"I have a lot of work to catch up on so I won't be able to see you much for a couple days." He says making Shiaye falter on the inside. She knew this was coming. "Garra there's no re-" Shiaye cut off her brother by putting her hand out.

"I'll be at home if you need me." Shiaye turned around and closed the door before leaning on it. Tears started to leak down her face before she wiped them away. "Baka."

"You said you'd be level headed," Sasuke says as Gaara sits back down. "Why don't you go with my wife. You've been spending every day with her. Spend another!" Gaara yells the last part as the pen in his hand snaps.

"Fine. If you won't take are of my sister, I will." Sasuke walks out slamming the door as Gaara looks at the broken pen in his hand. "What am I doing?"

"Have you seen my sister?" Sasuke asked as one of the servants walked through the hall shaking their head. "I didn't know Lady Shiaye was home." Sasuke growled walking forward and going outside.

The sand blew in the streets as Sasuke looked everywhere for his sister. Soon night fell and he started to panic more. "Come on Shiaye." He said into the open for no one to hear but himself. He looked around for another hour before sitting down on a bench under a lampost.

Foor steps could be heard making him look towards the sound. Gaara came into view before stopping. "What are you doing out here?" Gaara asks as Sasuke stood up and stalked towards him.  A thud could be heard as Gaaras head was turned to the side, his sandy skin cracking.

"That's for my sister!" Sasuke yelled backing up and glaring at Gaara. "Becuase of what you said eariler, I can't find her!" Gaara finally faced Sasuke before pointing towards a building on the corner. "Did you check that?"

Sasuke looked towards a building made of glass and metal. "A greenhouse?"

"When she came here after you left, she went in there to get away from the world. To get away from the sand." Gaara says looking down at the sand that had dropped from his face. "I know she'll never tell anyone Sasuke, but she hates the sand. She hates stepping in it all day. She misses the greenery."

"That's why she goes in there?" Sasuke asked as Gaara nodded. "She's in there a lot." Gaara sighs before walking past his brother. "Why aren't you going in there?" This question made Gaara stop and look down. "Because I don't want to yell at her."

Sand surrounded him before he was gone with the wind. Sasuke frowned before turning towards the greenhouse. "She goes in there to get away from the world?" Walked up the stairs, Sasuke opened the door quietly.

Only a small lamp was lit, illuminating Shiayes sleeping figure. She had fallen asleep leaning on a rock next to a small patch of lilies. Sasuke sighed before sitting next to her. "I should have listened to you. I'm sorry." He whispered before she stirred a little and cuddled into his side. "It's okay."

Sasuke smiled leaning on her head. "You're heavy." Shiaye mumbled yawning making Sasuke start to move only for Shiaye to pull him back down. "Good night Shiaye."

~~~~~

Gaara watched Sasuke hold his wife before she dozed back off to sleep. 'That should be me.' He says to himself before continuing his walk home. This house was all for her, and he might loose her with the way he's acting.