Summer Memories

That afternoon Leah walked on the grounds of Hogwarts, thinking about the incident that happened during the summer. She walked along the bridge and watched the birds fly over the forest.

Once Leah came to the Lake she found a tree and climbed it. She perched on a branch anad hung her book bag on the tree. She heard the screaming from her family ring in her head.

'Probably the worst summer of my life.' she thought. She rested her head on the trunk of the tree and closed her eyes. She saw the flashes of green light coming out of a wand, his wand.

Tears flowed out of Leah's eyes. 'Why me of all people!' she thought. Then she heard a rustle, Leah held her breath hoping it wasn't Filch. A black haired boy swiftly walked down the hill, Leah smiled to herself.

Harry walked down to the shore and dropped his book bag. She heard him sigh "Why is love so complicated." he grunted. Leah's heart sank he was obviously thinking about Ginny. Why would love be complicated? Lots of boys wish they were dating Ginny.

Harry rubbed his face and threw a rock into the Lake. Leah giggled 'He's cute when he's frustrated.' she thought and smiled to herself. Harry turned around and covered his eyes and tilted his head upward.

He uncovered them and his eyes widened. "Leah! How long have you been here?" he asked. "The whole time." she said. "Have you been crying?" Harry tilted his head to the side. "NO, err, well yes." she admitted while wiping her face with her sleeve.

"Wait just a second." Harry said and proceeded to climb the tree. Once he reached her, Leah scooted over so there would be enough room for him to sit. "So what's up?" Harry asked looking straight at her.

"Nothing really." Leah said looking out into the distance. "Don't lie to me Leah. I know there's something wrong, and if you were crying there must be something." Harry looked over at Leah who was now staring at him. They locked eyes, Harry stared intensly into Leah's eyes, as if he were looking into her soul.

"You seem darker today, I can see it in your eyes." Harry turned back to the Lake which was eerily calm. "If you really want to know there is something. But you probably don't want to listen." Leah played with her fingers.

"Hey, you always listen to me when I'm telling you about my dreams. So it's my turn to return the favor." "Alright if you really want to know." Leah took a deep breath.

"My sister got married over the summer and after the the wedding we had the reception at my grandma's house and it was outdoors. Well during the reception there where dark clouds in the sky and I saw something in the sky coming towards the tent." Leah didn't want to tell the story anymore but she had to continue.

"And well, Voldemort came with some Death Eaters, he was killing anyone in sight." Leah had tears flowing down her cheeks. "Then a Death Eater was pointing his wand at my neck. My mother and my father tried to save me, but then Voldemort said to spare me, that he could use me later. But he took my parents, the Death Eaters took them away." There was a huge lump in Leah's throat. 

"So he just took them away." Leah nodded "Is your sister alright?" Leah nodded. "Most of my family is dead now." Leah choked out. "So you can see them?" Harry asked "See what?" "The horses that pull the carriages. They're thestrals, they can only be seen by people who have seen death." Harry answered, Leah nodded.

"I'm sorry." Harry said "I'm waiting for the Aurors to find them. If they don't then..." there were more tears coming out of Leah's eyes. Harry pulled her into his arms and held her tight. "I know how you feel." Harry whispered as Leah cried. "Don't worry they'll find them." Harry reassured her.

Leah wiped the tears from her eyes and pulled away. "Thanks." Leah said "No problem." Harry smiled.

~~~~~~~~

Once Harry and Leah got back to the castle they walked for a bit. "We're still studying tonight right?" Leah asked "Yeah." Harry replied. There was a silence, "Thanks again, you really helped me out."

"Hey I'm your best friend, it's what I'm here for." Leah smiled and so did Harry.