Return to Hogwarts

The four boarded the Hogwarts Express at King's Cross Station, it was hard to believe that one day they wouldn't be boarding that train ever again.

 When they found a compartment all of them put their bags up on the shelf above their seats. Hermione was reading a book, Leah was feeding her owl Peep and Ron just staraed aimlessly out the window while the train drove by.

 "I've been doing some thinking." Harry said out of nowhere, the three of them looked up at him to listen. "Remember when we went to Knockturn Alley?" he asked and they all nodded. "Well, what was Draco and his mum doing at Borgin and Burkes? And who were all those people?" Hermione slapped her book closed. "Don't Harry, I know where you're going with this." Hermione said but Harry ignored her and comtinued as if nobody said anything. "It was a ceremony, it's happened he's one of them."

 One of what?" Ron asked clueless as to what was going on. "Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy has become a Death Eater." Leah said leaning forward so her elbows rested on her knees. "You're barking! Why would You-Know-Who want somebody like Malfoy?"

 "Then what was he doing at Borgin and Burkes? Browsing for furniture?" "It's a creepy shop he's a creepy bloke." Ron said "It only makes sense his father is a Death Eater. Besides Leah saw what happened." Everyone directed their eyes at Leah who scratched Peep's head through the cage.

 "They could have been doing anything in there." she said "But it does make sense that Draco could be a Death Eater. Only we didn't see much did we?" Leah added and Harry got up. I'm going to get some air." he then took something off the shelf and walked outside with it behind his back.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Everyone was in the Great Hall for the feast, there were first years looking around in wonder and Hermione and Leah were looking at the door every now and then to see if Harry would enter through the doors. When dessert appeared Harry and Luna walked through the doors and Leah moved over so there was space for Harry to sit. When Harry approached them they noticed that he was holding a bloody handkerchief against his nose.

 "Where have you been? What happened to your face?" Hermione asked "Nothing what have I missed?" he asked trying to get away from the subject. "Besides Sorting nothing much." Ron said as he shoved another spoonful of gelatin into his mouth.

"Err, you missed some.....here." Leah grabbed the handkerchief and wiped some blood off of Harry's face. "Thanks." Harry said blushing a bit.

Then Dumbledore got up and said some announcements. It turns out we have a new Potions teacher, Prof. Slughorn. To fill the DA teacher spot would be Snape, and the only table that clapped and cheered was the Slytherins.

"As you know, each and everyone of you were searched upon arrival here tonight, and you have the right to know why." Dumbledore started "Once there was a young man, who,like you sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, and slept under this very roof." he said.

"I don't like were he's going with this." Leah whispered and the three of them nodded. "He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name Tom Riddle." there was chatter from across the Hall "Today of course he is known by another name, which is why I stand upon you all tonight. I am reminded by a sobering fact, every day, every hour, every minute, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle wall. But, in the end their greatest weapon is you." Dumbledore concluded. "Just something to think about. Now off to bed! Pip pip!"

Everyone got up and Ron muttered "That was cheerful." On the way up to the dormitories Leah noticed that Harry was paler then usual. "Are you alright?" she asked cutting acaross a few students to walk beside him. "Yeah." he said without looking at her.

"Are you sure?" Leah grabbed Harry's hand this time. He looked down at  both of their hands then looked up at Leah and nodded. Leah took a breath and pulled her hand back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

The next day was the first day of classes, it was also the day they got their OWL reports. "Harry can you pasas me the eggs?" lifted up the plate with eggs on it and halfway to Ron a letter fell onto it. Ron picked up the letter and looked at the front of the envelope. 

"Oh no! The OWL results are here!" on that note envelopes were being delivered by owls. When the four of them each got their envelopes the all haad their fingers on the seal. "Ready on the count of three." Hermione announced "One.....two......three." Leah opened her's quite frantically and scanned the results.

"Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed "I did better than I thought I did!" Hermione looked over Ron's results. "Well, Ron's got seven OWLs." Hermione said tossing the parchment to Ron who looked completely satisfied with his grades.

"What did you get Leah?" Hermione asked, Leah had her head low and slid the parchment face down across the table. When Leah let go of it Hermione and Ron seemed to be battling it out for the results.

"Astronomy: E, Ancient Runes: E, Care of Magical Creatures: E, Charms: O, Defense Against the Dark Arts: O...I'm not surprised. Arithmancy: E, Herbology: E" Hermione's eyes got wide and cleared her throat to continue. "Potions: O, Transfiguration: E." Hermione finished.

"Wait, isn't there one more?" Harry asked and snatched the results from Hermione, Harry's jaw dropped. "You got a P in History of Magic!" Harry said and Leah covered his mouth, in which Harry pulled her hands off. "There's no way you got a P!" Ron said "You always get passing grades. I can't believe it! Leah Green got a P in History of Magic!" Ron said.

"Oh come off it Ron! She did way better then you!" this made Leah feel better. "Anyways you've got nine OWLs and that's what matters." Hermione reassured and Leah smiled.

After breakfast Leah had Potions with Hermione most of the students there were Slytherins, but now that Snape isn't teaching there would be no more favoritism towards that particular house anymore. 

Halfway through the lesson Harry and Ron came in and Lavender's(the girl from WWW) eyes were all over him. Once Harry and Ron got a book they came over to the crowd of students standing in front of a desk.

"What are you doing here?" Leah whispered "McGonagall said that Slughorn was taking E level students." Harry whispered into Leah's ear. Suddenly Ron stepped in between the two of them, which changed Harry and Leah's faces to confused.

"Now, for the last one. What we have here is a curious little potion known as Felix Felices, but it is also known as..." "Liquid Luck." Hermione finished "Yes, Ms. Granger! Liquid Luck. Desperately tricky to make, and disastrous should you get it wrong! One sip and you will notice that all of your endeavors succeed." Everyone's attention was on Slughorn now. 

"Now here is what I offer you today. One phial of Liquid Luck to the student who manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. The recipe in which is on page 10 of your books. Now, let the brewing commence!" all of the students rushed to their stations and opened to page 10.

You could tell that everyone was trying their hardest to brew the best potion in the class. Hermione was even getting stressed out! But Hermione and Leah noticed that Harry wasn't following the instructions.

Leah didn't mind, but she was worried that he would get a bad mark just because he didn't do it right. When the work hour concluded Slughorn came around and tested each of the potions.

"Very good Ms. Green but it isn't perfect. You remind me so much of you're father! He was excellent at Potions." the thought of Leah's parents made her smile dissappear, when Slughorn was about to go on, Harry spoke up. "Er, sir would you test mine please! Class is almost finished."

"Oh yes my boy!" Slughorn went behind Harry and tested it. "Merlin's beard! It is perfect!!!" Slughorn exclaimed. Leah was shocked, and when she looked at Hermione her head was down and she occasionally looked up to smile a bit.

"Here you go! One phial of Felix Felices!" he handed the phial of golden liquid to Harry. "Use it well." Slughorn warned and they were dismissed.

In the hallway Harry caught up to Leah, "Are you alright?" Harry asked, Leah immediately knew it was about Slughorn mentioning her parents. "Yeah I'm fine." Harary nodded and the two of them continued to walk to their next class.