New Friends

The trip to Hogsmeade was fast approaching and Leah was very excited, she was determined to ask Harry to go with her.

Leah was in the Transfiguration Courtyard practicing some spells when someone came over to her bench. "Avis!" Leah casted and a flock of birds came out of her wand. She smiled at them as they flew around the courtyard.

"Wow, you're really good." a familiar voice said. "Oh, I was just practicing." Leah said looking up at him. Harry nodded. "So what's up?" "Nothing much. Did you get your permission slip signed?" she asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" Harry raised his eyebrow skeptically, Leah looked at her shoes "Well I was just wondering if we could go together." Leah looked up slightly. "Oh, er, about that, Ginny sort of wanted to go on a, er, date that day." Leah had a firmer grip on her wand but then it loosened.

"Right, Ginny." "Er, can't you ask one of your other friends to go with you?" Leah slouched, "You don't have any other friends do you?" Harry sat down on the bench beside her. "Leah, you promised that you would at least try to make other friends." Harry said.

"You know I'm not very social." Leah looked at Harry. "Leah I don't want to be your only friend, there's lots of kids here that would want to be your friend. You just have to open up a little. Please, for me?" Leah looked at Harry.

"Fine, but I'm only doing it for you okay." Harry smiled and hugged her by the side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day there were students crowding the Clock tower Courtyard, handing their permission slips to Filch. Once everyone gave their forms in the crowd headed off to Hogmeade. 

On the way there Leah saw Harry, and Ginny clinging onto his arm. Leah sighed when she heard someone walk up beside her. "Yeah he turned us down to go with Ginny too." Leah turned to her side to see Hermione Granger beside her and Ron Weasley next to her.

"He did? That doesn't make any sense." Leah replied "Well it's nice to know you can talk." Ron muttered, and Hermione elbowed him in the chest. "Don't mind him. And, yes he did. Apparently Ginny wanted to go on a date with him really badly. Anyways I'm Hermione Granger and that's Ron Weasley." she gestured towards Ron.

"Yeah I know Harry talks about you two all the time." Leah said walking into the village. "Well it's vice-versa for us. He talks about you 24/7." Ron said. Leah's spirits were lifted, 'He talks about me?' Leah smiled to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That evening Harry walked into the Common Room with Ginny clinging to his arm once more. "I had a great time today Harry." Ginny looked up at him. "Yeah, er, me too." Harry was exhausted, he could just collapse right now.

He looked over to the fireplace to see the couch occupied ny Hermione, Ron, and Leah laughing about something. "I'm really tired." Ginny yawned "I think I'll turn in early." then she let go of his arm and skipped upstairs.

The laughter died down and Harry walked over one of the armchairs and flopped into it. "So how was your date?" Hermione asked. "Meh, okay. Ginny just dragged me into shops all day." Hermione nodded.

"I'm going to turn in early." Leah stood up and walked to the doorway that lead to the dormitories. "Hermione are you coming?" "I'll meet you upstairs," Hermione replied. Leah shrugged and waved to the boys as she walked up the stairs.

Harry stared at her as she left. "Harry?" Ron was waving his hand in front of his face. "Wha?" Harry shook his head. "What were you staring at?" Hermione asked. "Nothing." Harry replied.

"You were staring at Leah again weren't you?" Hermione suggested. "No and what do you mean by again?" "Don't lie I saw you staring at her all throughout the trip." Harry opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"That's what I thought." Hermione muttered and walked over to the doorway.