The Battle of the Astronomy Tower

"It's time Harry." Leah said coming up the staircase to the boy's dormitory. Just recently Harry had discovered Slughorn's secret. It turns out that he taught Tom Riddle (a.k.a. Lord Voldemort) while he was at Hogwarts. Slughorn had told Tom about Horcruxes, which are items that contain a fragment of a dark wizard or witches soul to obtain immortality. 

Harry had been having special meetings with Dumbledore about them and during that time Harry discovered that Voldemort had made 7 of them and the only way to defeat Voldemort was to destroy them all. Thankfully Harry had already destroyed one of them which was Tom Riddle's Diary and Dumbledore had destroyed another one during the Christmas Break.

All four of them were walking by the Transfiguration Courtyard when Harry got an idea. "Can the Room of Requirement be plottable on the map?" Harry asked "If one wants it to be. Why?" Hermione questioned. "I've been seeing Malfoy disappear on the Marauder's Map." Leah remembered back to the beginning of the year. 

"That would explain why he would be vanishing from the map. He's always been snooping around on the Seventh Floor." she said. She had encountered Malfoy on the Seventh Floor many times. "We also saw a Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement didn't we?" Harry said turning to Leah who nodded in agreement. "I just got word from Dad this morning he said that the one at Borgin and Burkes is still there." Ron informed us.

"Only thing is... What would Malfoy want with a Vanishing Cabinet?" Hermione asked. They soon passed a pair of twin Slytherin girls. "What if there were two cabinets?" Harry thought aloud. "Well my father told me that wizards and witches used to use Vanishing Cabinets to transport themselves in case of emergency. He had used one when Voldemort first rose into power. Whenever the Death Eaters came they would slip in and appear in another to get away." Leah explained.

Then the four of them stopped, Harry faced the remaining three. "Dumbledore told me to meet him at the Astronomy Tower." Hermione, Leah, and Ron nodded. "Good Luck mate." Ron added. "I don't need luck I'll be with Dumbledore." Leah was worried there was a possibility he could die. Then Harry unexpectedly gestured for Leah to come forward. 

Leah walked up to him and he wrapped his arms around her for a reassuring hug. "Don't worry I'll be fine." he said, was she being that obvious? Leah looked up at him. They were just starting their relationship together and it was evident that she loved him a lot, how could she not be worried. "Just don't die." Leah muttered, Harry chuckled slightly "I'll try not to." with that he kissed her on the top of her head and walked up to the Astronomy Tower. 

Leah walked back to Ron and Hermione, there was a sudden chill in her vains that gave her a bad vibe. "Something bad is going to happen tonight." Leah said. "How do you know?" Ron asked. "Instinct." she answered and the three of them walked back to the Common Room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Stop worrying so much Leah!" Hermione said trying to comfort her. "He's with Dumbledore. He'll be safe." Lea shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the chill in her veins was still there. "I'm just thinking of the possibilities Hermione. You'd do the same if it was...." Leah leaned close so that Ron couldn't hear. "Ron." Leah knew that Hermione's feelings were just as strong for Ron as her feelings were for Harry.

"You really love him don't you?" Hermione said to her almost whispering. Before Leah could answer she was interrupted by Ron. "Hey, guys, you have to see this." Ron said as he looked through the window. Hermione and Leah walked over to the window and saw that the sky had become dark with black clouds shadowing the sky, Leah got that feeling again but this time it was even more sinister than before 

"Bloody hell." Hermione muttered.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry the school is being attacked by Death Eaters!" McGonagall yelled at the students.

There were Death Eaters everywhere throwing spells at any student who tried to run and hide. "Crucio!" one of them yelled aiming for a third year. "Expelliarmus!" Leah yelled fast enough to disarm the Death Eater before he could do anything. The little third year ran off and the Death Eater turned to her, he pushed his long platinum blond hair out of the way.

"Ah, Ms. Leah Green is it? I have a bone to pick with you!" he said through clenched teeth. Leah gripped her wand tight and began dueling with Lucius Malfoy. "Incendio!" he casted a spell, "Aguamenti!" Leah defended herself and she countered with an arrow-shooting spell. Mr. Malfoy dodged this and casted another spell which led to Leah falling down.

"Now...." Lucius said walking up to where she had landed and raised his wand. "This won't hurt a bit." he said with an evil tone, Lucius raised his wand and would have casted the Cruciatus Curse when somebody hit him with a spell. "Expelliarmus!" someone shouted and it hit Lucius square on the chest. Her savior turned out to be Neville.

"Neville! That was amazing!" Leah said dusting herself off. "I've been taught by the best." he said. "Let's go kick some arse!" Leah said and went back into battle mode, but out of the corner of her eye she saw Dumbledore fall from one of the balconies of the Astronomy Tower. Then she bolted into Hogwarts, tears filling her eyes.

Once she ran in, she saw Malfoy, Bellatrix, and Snape with a bunch of Death Eaters leading the way out of Hogwarts, out of anger Leah followed them, she wasn't going to let them leave without a fight. She had reached Hagrid's hut when Bellatrix set Hagrid's hut ablaze. Leah was about to run up to them and duel when Harry sprinted past her.

"Snape! He trusted you!" Leah watched as Harry tried to fight Snape but Snape just defended all of them off. Finally he left his robes dramatically swooshing behind him before he apparated.

"Harry!" Leah ran up to him as he stayed on the ground. "Are you alright?" Leah asked as she knelt beside him. "Dumbledore's dead." he said flatly as he continued to stare at the spot Snape once was.

______________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter coming soon! I'm feeling inspired! (Don't ask why. I don't know either?)