Quidditch Tryouts

Today was Quidditch try outs and a lot of people showed up. Once everyone got ready they flooded out onto the field. Leah stopped at the gate and looked out into the pitch to see people sitting in the stands obviously looking for some entertainment.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked as he walked up beside her. "Deathly nervous." she responded her grip tightened on the neck of her Nimbus which she had gotten on her 13th birthday from her parents. "You'll do fine, just concentrate on the Quaffle." Leah nodded and stepped onto the field.

It was a gloomy day outside but some people were chatting very loudly. You could barely hear Harry talk, Leah glanced at Ginny (Leah and Ginny had grown closer to each other over the summer) and Ron who were firmly standing beside her. It had been four minutes already and Leah was getting annoyed, and she could tell Ginny was too.

There was a moment when the two of them glanced at each other and nodded. Finally they both turned around and yelled "SHUT IT!!!!!!" then everybody went quiet. "Thanks." Harry said grateful for the sudden outburst, this made Leah and Ginny smile and they gave each other a high five.

"Now I'll be running you through a few drills today. We'll be playing just like we would in a real match to see how you respond and how well you work as a team. Also, just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year! Is that clear?" there was silence "Good." Harry added then everyone was scrambling around again.

Leah felt a sudden push against her. "No hard feelings." a guy with blonde hair said to Ron "Hard feelings?" Ron questioned. I'll be trying out for keeper too." he looked up and directed his eyes to Hermione. "Hey do you think you could introduce me to you're friend Granger? I wouldn't mind getting on a first name basis if you know what I mean."

He then walked into Leah "Sorry, I'm Cormac McClaggen. You are?" he raised an eyebrow and flashed me a smile. "McClaggen!" Harry yelled "Take your position, this isn't the time to talk."

"See you on the pitch, and good luck. You'll need it." Cormac then kicked off the ground and flew to the goals. "Git." Leah muttered. She then mounted her broom and took her position once the quaffle was thrown Ginny grabbed it and flew over to McClaggen's goals.

Once Ginny was close enough to score McClaggen flew over to her, but Ginny faked out and threw it to Leah who aimed for the open right ring. she whipped it towards the goal but was knocked away by McClaggen's foot.

"Told you you'd need it!" he called to her, Leah rolled her eyes and continued to play. It seemed to be a long try out, Leah was having a fun time though, she and Ginny were probably the only two players passing the ball to anybody. 

Ron was doing exceptionally well, he was blocking goals easily considering he'd been practicing for the whole summer at the Burrow.

Finally it came down to the last couple of shots. McClaggen and Ron had both blocked an equal amount of goals and it was all down to this goal. Ginny passed the quaffle to a girl with blonde hair who kept it for a lengthly amount of time, but then someone bumped into her causing it to go flying up into the air.

Leaah took this opportunity to get the quaffle. She then passed it to Ginny who passed it to her again, once they got up to McClaggen's goal he smirked and said "Easy shot" this statement caused Leah to whip it hard from all her frustration towards the big headed teen.

Then just as he was about to do one of his flashy moves, he was shoved by nothing into another goal. "Nice throw." Ginny called, "Thanks!" Leah shouted to her although she was confused as to what had caused McClaggen's sudden movement.

The try outs ended with Harry saying a few words "Now you all did a good job today. Unfortunately I can only choose a few of you to be on the team. All I can say now is good luck to you all." people walked out of the training room chatting away again.

"Hey, you!" she heard an annoyed voice say, Leah turned around to see McClaggen standing in front of her. "You, you got a lucky shot that last time. Besides, you probably won't get on the team anyway." Leah rolled her eyes.

"Could you list some of the things I did wrong then?" McClaggen scratched his head. "Well.....er..." "That's what I thought." Leah walked towards Harry and Ron. "Hey." Leah greeted, McClaggen walked out of the training room.

Once he walked out of ear shot they continued talking. "McClaggen's a right foul git." Leah muttered. "Yeah I know what you mean. Why would he like someone like Hermione anyway?" Ginny joined in to the conversation.

"I would think you'd know! You're eyes were all over her at the Burrow." Leah, Haarry, and Ginny smirked at Ron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thata night Ron was boasating about how good he was at try outs and once in a while Leah thought she saw Lavender gazing at him more than once. "Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsempra?" Harry asked Hermione as he shoved the book under her face.

"No! And if you had a shred of self respect you'd hand that book in!" Hermione snapped "That's not bloody likely! He's top of the class, he's even better than you and Leah combined." Hermione glared at Ron who put his hands up as if he were caught by the Aurors.

"I'd like to know who's book that was. Let's have a look shall we?" "No." Harry saaid protectively quickly slapping the book closed. "Why not?" Hermione asked "The binding is fragile." Hermione rolled her eyes and raced to get the book. 

Harry held it protectively, but the attempt failed considering Leah had snatched it from him and opened the book to see This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince written on the inside cover.

"Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" "It's no one!" Harry said trying to grab it from her. "Who?" Hermione asked "It says right here, that this book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince." Leah stated and gave the book back to Harry.

______________________________________________

Just in case you didn't believe it from the 3rd paragraph, Ginny and Leah are now friends. They bonded over the summer at the Burrow and feel like siblings. So I do not want to repeat myself to you guys in the comments.

Oh! Sorry I haven't been updating more recent, it's just I've got a bunch of stuff to do and I've got a cold (yay for sickness!: [ ). I promise I'll get another part out soon so yeah.

Leave a comment, vote, fan or do whatever. :{ )