Christmas Time

"He's perfectly fine with kissing whoever he likes! I really couldn't care less! Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas Party together? Yes! But, given the circumstances I've had to make other arrangements." Hermione put a book back on the shelf as she finally finished ranting about Ron. Harry and Hermione were in the library discussing Slughorn's Christmas Party.

 "Have you now?" Harry questioned "Yes why?" Hermione asked and turned to Harry. "Well, since neither of us can go with the person we would like to. I was thinking we could go together, as friends." Harry said. "Why didn't I think of that?" Hermione muttered to herself. "Wait who are you going with?" Harry asked

 "Well, it's a surprise. Anyways you're the one that has to worry. You don't have a date yet. You can't just take anyone you know!" Hermione walked so that she was standing on Harry's right side. "See that girl behind me?" she half whispered, Harry nodded looking at a girl with curly black hair. "That's Romilda Vane." Hermione stated "Turns out she's been trying to smuggle you a love potion."

 Harry stared at Hermione in disbelief "Really?" Harry looked at Romilda, she noticed him staring and smiled back at him. "Hey!" Hermione snapped her fingers in front of his face Harry's attention went back to Hermione. "She only likes you because she thinks you're the 'Chosen One'" Hermione said.

 "But I am the Chosen One!" Harry retorted and received a whack to his head from a newspaper Hermione was holding. "Okay sorry." Harry apologized for his cockiness. "Anyways does Leah have a date already?" she asked "Well no." Hermione smacked him atop his head yet again.

 "Why haven't you asked her yet?! She's been waiting for days now!" "Why hasn't she asked me herself then?" Harry protested "Well, you should know that she isn't good at asking a guy to be her date to a party or to go on a date with her in general." Harry nodded, Leah couldn't even talk anybody once.

 "She's also been more nervous around you lately." Hermione said "Yeah, she has been. Do you know why that is?" Hermione looked up at him and smiled nervously. "Er, well she hasn't been telling me anything as far as I know." Hermione looked at a non existent watch on her wrist. "Oh look at the time! I've got to get back to the Common Room. Bye." Hermione speed walked her way to the door and slipped out.

 Harry sighed, he never knew anything these days.

 Once Harry entered the portrait hole, he saw that the Common Room empty. Harry flopped onto the couch and stared into the fire, "Why haven't you asked yet! She's been waiting for days now!" Hermione's words repeated in his head.To tell the truth he didn't know why he hadn't asked Leah to Slughorn's Christmas Party yet.

 "Why is love so complicated?" Harry thought aloud. "Like I haven't heard that saying before." Harry jumped in his seat to see Leah in her pajamas at the bottom of the steps. "Like I haven't seen those pajamas before." Harry said, he remembered Leah at the Burrow this summer. She would always walk downstairs for breakfast in her pajamas.

 Leah smiled at him and plopped down beside him on the couch. "So what's bothering you?" she asked "Well I was talking to Hermione in the Library earlier today and the subject of Slughorn's Christmas Party came up." Harry continually stared into the fire, he was determined not to make a fool of himself in front of Leah.

 "Go on...." Leah said "And she told me that you didn't have a.....erm, date yet." Harry muttered the last part. "Oh she told you that." Leah sounded a bit disappointed since Harry hadn't figured out she hadn't had a date yet originally. "So I was wondering if you would like to go with me." he finally looked at Leah.

 "I'd love to go with you." Leah said with a smile and got up from her seat. "I'm sorry I hadn't figured out sooner. It's just that I thought someone had already asked you." Leah turned to face Harry. "Why would you think that? I'm not considered very attractive to other guys."