Best Friends

Today was the first Quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. Leah, Harry, and Hermione were having breakfast in the Great Hall. The huge oak doors at the front of the room opened and Nigel scurried up to the three of them. 

"Hey Nigel." Leah greeted. "Hi, Professor Slughorn wanted me to give you these invitations to his upcoming Christmas Party." Nigel panted and handed the invitations out. "Thanks Nigel." Harry said, Nigel beamed at him and jogged over to Ginny who was talking with some of her fifth year friends.

Leah sighed "Poor Nigel, couldn't have Slughorn sent them by owl?" Harry and Hermione shrugged, the three of them opened the sealed envelope and began to read.

"He's asking for us to bring a date." Hermione said. "So are you going to bring Ron then?" Leah asked, Harry smiled slightly at the thought of his two best friends going to a formal party together. "W-well I-I guess that could be an option." Hermione blushed feverishly.

As if on cue the oak doors opened yet again to reveal a a helmeted, freckled, ginger. He walked to the three of them and sat down beside Leah. Ron looked at his food then looked back up clearly not hungry.

"So how was it?" he asked "How was what?" Hermione questioned. "Your dinner party?" Ron stated clearly still annoyed that he wasn't invited. "Pretty boring actually." Ron looked happy "Although I think Leah and Harry enjoyed dessert." Leah remembered that she and Harry almost shared a kiss that night before it was interupted by Slughorn.

Ron looked sceptically at Harry and Leah, who were now playing with their food. "Slughorn's celebrating Christmas too you know. We're meant to bring someone." Ron directed his eyes at Hermione. "I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen? He's in the Slug Club too isn't he?"

"Actually, I was going to ask you." Ron blushed "Really?" he managed to choke out. Harry and Leah smiled at each other. They were hoping that the two of them would get together after all of the moments they had during the summer and from previous years.

"Good luck today Ron!" Ron turned to Lavender who was beaming at him "I know you'll do brilliant" she then skipped away to Parvarti who gave her a thumbs up before she sat down.

"That's it! I'm resigning! After today McClaggen can have my spot." Ron said "Ron!" Leah said out of surprise and hatred. Leah hated McClaggen with a passion. "Fine have it your way. Juice?" Harry offered and pushed Ron's goblet towards him. 

Luna skipped over in their direction. "You look dreadful today Ron! Is that why you put something in his cup?" Leah and Hermione shot a look at each other and averted their eyes in Harry's direction. He pulled out a small phial and put it in his pocket.

"Liquid Luck." Leah said and Ron held his cup. "Don't drink it Ron!" Hermione said as if Ron was about to drink some Hippogriff urine. Not paying any attention to Hermione, Ron chugged his juice and when he was done he had a smile plastered on his face.

"C'mon Harry we've got a game to win!" they high fived and walked off to the Quidditch pitch. "I better go. Harry's probably going to hold an early practice." Leah said and stood. On her way out however she encountered Malfoy on on the Grand Staircase on her way to the Quidditch pitch. 

He had come out of the shortcut to the 7th floor Leah was surprised to see that he wasn't in his Quidditch uniform. He brushed up to Leah "Hey" he whispered in her ear. Leah shivered, she turned around to see Malfoy smirking at her.

Leah was left standing there in confusion, 'Why did he do that?' she thought. Suddenly Ginny walked up to her. "Hey, what's wrong? It looks like you've seen a ghost." Ginny said "Good Morning Ms. Green, Ms. Weasley." Sir Nicholas greeted both of them as he floated by.

"Nothing's wrong let's get going." Leah said still confused as to what Draco was trying to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

"WEASLEY!!!! WEASLEY!!!! WEASLEY!!!!" everyone chanted as Ron stood on a table in the Common Room. Gryffindor had won today's match, everyone was cheering because Ron hadn't let one goal pass through.

"You shouldn't have done it you know." Hermione said "I know I suppose I could have just used a Confundus Charm." Hermimone looked at him. "That was different that was try outs not an actual game!" Harry held up a phial of gold liquid. "You didn't put it in. He only thought you did." Leah said and Harry nodded.

When the three of them turned back to Ron, Lavender had pulled him to her and snogged him full on the mouth! Leah and Harry heard a gasp escape Hermione's lips. When they turned to look at her she wasn't there. 

Leah and Harry shot a look at each other and pushed through the crowd of red and gold. They searched the entire 7th floor until they found her in a stairwell. "Hermione?" Leah said. "Spell for Charms class just practicing." Leah noticed that Hermione had birds flying around the room.

"They're really good." Harry said and both of them sat down beside her. Hermione was sobbing her eyes out. Leah and Harry stayed by Hermione's side and comforted her. Then they heard a familiar giggle.

Lavender dragged Ron behind her as she entered the room then she noticed Hermione. "Oops, I'll go find another room." she said and ran off. "What's with the birds?" Ron asked.

Hermione became annoyed and stood up. "Oppugno!" she commanded and the birds dove to attack Ron but they hit the door and exploded. Ron ran to Lavender and Hermione saat bacak down crying somemore.

"You guys are my best friends, you know that?" Leah anad Harry looked at each other and smiled. "Yeah we know." they both said and hugged Hermione tighter.

_________________________________________________

Not one of my better chapters but you guys kept requesting for the next chapter so yeah.

Comment, Vote, Fan or do whatever you like!