An Encounter with Draco Malfoy

Spring had come and Harry was at the Quidditch Pitch practicing for the next game.

"Hey Harry," Ron said as they walked to the boys locker room to change. "Did you hear anything from Leah about the letter?" Harry and Ron changed into their uniforms and proceeded to walk out. "No, I'm starting to think that she doesn't return my feelings at all." Harry said trying to hide the disappointment in his voice.

The bright sun shined in the two boys faces when they walked outside. "Well, maybe she hasn't read it yet." Ron reassured him. "How could she not have read it? It's been two months since then." Harry didn't want to talk anymore. "Maybe she put it somewhere and she can't find it." Ron said

"Look, Ron I appreciate that you're trying to console me, but I really don't want to talk about it anymore." Harry walked away, he had to confront Slughorn about his memory soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So nothing's happened between you and Harry?" Hermione asked "No, he's been avoiding me for some reason." Leah said, worry tainted her voice. "He'll come around soon, don't worry." Ginny assured. "If you say so." Leah sighed, the three of them said good bye as she walked back to the Common Room. Hermione had History of Magic, and Ginny had plans for the afternoon with her boyfriend.

The halls were unusually quiet, so quiet in fact that she could hear every subtle noise that was being made. Suddenly, she heard someone's footsteps. "Oh, look Goyle! We ran into someone very familiar." said Crabbe. "Yeah, I remember her! She's the one that hexed us in this very corridor last year!" Goyle remarked.

"Well it's time for you to get payback for that!" Crabbe said raising his wand. "Levicorpus!" he casted but with a simple wave of Leah's wand, she defended herself with Protego. "Rictusempra!" Leah exclaimed directing her wand at both of them and the two of them fell to the floor.

"What is going on here?" Professor Snape asked. "Professor! We were just walking back to our Common Room when this little pest of a Gryffindor came 'round and attacked us for no reason." Goyle said with a fake expression on his face. 

"That's not true Professor they attacked me first!" Leah said "Enough! 20 points from Gryffindor and a detention in my classroom tonight Ms. Green." Leah gave up on trying to tell the truth, arguing any more would just get her into deeper trouble.

"Yes, sir." Leah responded, when she turned around Goyle and Crabbe had satisfied smirks plastered on their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Leah had to go to Snape's office for her detention. When she opened the door she bumped heads with somebody. "Ow." Harry said rubbing his head. "Sorry." Leah apologized "Where are you going?" he asked her. "Detention with Snape." she answered bitterly, "What about you?" Harry turned around to hush Ron who was babbling something about how pretty Romilda Vane is.

"Ron ate the sweets Romilda sent me." Harry said "She'll never give up will she?" Leah sighed "Not unless I'm in a relationship." Leah felt her face get increasingly warm. "Anyways, I should be going." she said quickly and left the Common Room in a rush. She didn't want to get into more trouble just for being late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I can't believe he made me clean the entire classroom.' Leah thought exhausted from all of the cleaning. It was 8:30 p.m. and all she wanted to do now was sleep. When she turned a corner the sleepiness turned into curiosity when she saw Malfoy rush into the girls' lavatory.

Leah followed him and sneaked in hiding behind a cubicle. Leah looked where Malfoy was, he had taken his sweater vest off and was now crying into the sink. Leah smirked 'Not so tough are you now Malfoy.' Leah thought, wait until she told Hermione and Ginny. 

Leah decided to get back to the Common Room, but as she tried to open the door it turned out to be locked. She was going to cast Alohomora on it when Malfoy spoke. "Who's there?" He said. Leah muttered a curse word, then Malfoy spoke again. "I know you're in here." Leah quickly casted a Disillusionment Charm on herself. Once she walked out into the open Malfoy waved his wand and recited "Finite Incantatem!" the entire bathroom was lifted from casted charms and Leah had been revealed.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Potter's little princess?" he smirked his famous Malfoy smirk. "Shut your mouth Malfoy." she said. Draco walked closer to her, this made Leah back up. "Why did you follow me here?" he asked her raising his eyebrow. "What were you doing up after curfew?" she retorted, Leah didn't want to say anything he could use against her.

"Nothing you should know." he said, Leah felt something hit her back, it was the wall. Draco leaned up against her, his left arm placed on the wall above Leah's head. "Why were you following me after curfew anyways?" he asked an eyebrow raised. "I had detention and you just happened to be lurking in the corridor I was in." Leah said bluntly.

"Are you sure?" he asked Leah could feel his breath on her skin. Leah's expression did not soften at all, his method of seduction was obviously not working.

With Draco this close she could see every detail of his face. His skin was paler than it normally was, his cold grey eyes held a look of stress and anxiety, and he had bags under his eyes. 

Leah directed her eyes where his left arm was, his sleeve was rolled up and she could clearly see the dark mark that had been permanently placed on his arm. Leah's eyes widened, Harry's words echoed in her ears....

"What was Draco and his mum doing at Borgin and Burkes? And who were all those people?" she rememebered him saying on the Hogwarts Express. "It was a ceremony, it's happened he's one of them."

"You're a Death Eater." Leah said, it all made sense now. "You cursed Katie didn't you?" Draco's expression switched from being seductive to a scowl. All of a sudden Draco raised his wand so that the tip of it was brushing Leah's neck. "I could do it you know." he said with clenched teeth.

Leah stared straight into his eyes again, his face looked threatening, but his eyes held the state of fear. "You won't kill me." Draco's eyes grew wide. "You may be cruel to other people but you don't have the heart to kill someone." Leah said. "Why are you doing this to yourself anyways?"

Draco wore that expression on his face for a few seconds then lowered his wand and lifted himself off of Leah. "I didn't want to do this in the first place." he spoke truthfully. "Being the son of a Malfoy and having been sorted into Slytherin everyone expected me to be like my father, I grew up bullying other people and never showed my true self to anyone. I never made real friends, now I've been pressured into being something that I don't want to be."

Leah couldn't believe what she was hearing. She would have never thought Draco had been experiencing all of this. "I can't believe I'm doing this." Leah muttered under her breath. She walked up to Draco and rubbed his back. "Why are you consoling me?" he asked "Because you're not the person I thought you were." with that Leah left the girls' lavatory.

As she waalked back to the Common Room she kept wondering.....

'I wonder what Draco would be like if he didn't have to live up to his peer's expectations?'