Xenophilius Lovegood

The next morning the three had settled in another forest, there was a blanket of snow covering everything and all of the lakes were frozen over. Leah was reading The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore. the book seemed pretty solid for Rita Skeeter, Leah guessed it was because she had interviewed Bathilda Bagshot before her untimely death which had been arranged by the Dark Lord.

 Leah had reached another chapter of the book when she saw a picture of the man that was in the photo at Godric's Hollow. Apparently his name was Gellert Grindelwald and he was a close friend of Dumbledore's. This piqued Leah's interest and she kept reading until she had found a letter that Dumbledore had written to Gellert when they were teenagers. At the bottom of the page Dumbledre had signed his name only he hadn't used a regular A. Instead he had drawn the symbol from Beedle the Bard, and that same symbol was engraved on the tombstone of Ignotus Peverell.

 Leah stood up and ran over to Hermione who had been talking to Harry about his wand, she had broken it at Godric's Hollow when she shot a curse at Nagini. "Hey you guys!" Leah called as she ran over to the tree where Hermione was sitting with Harry. "What?" Harry asked alarmed. "Hermione look at this." Leah showed Hermione the page where the letter was. "It's the same symbol. It keeps popping up!" Leah concluded and Hermione nodded getting out a book. "I looked it up in Spellman's Syllabry, it's not there. I got to thinking that it was an eye but I'm starting to think it's not because it keeps popping up." Hermione explained her index finger was on her chin indicating deep thought.

 "What are you talking about?" Harry asked them Leah almost jumped she had forgotten Harry was there. "Oh Harry I know who that man in the photo is. Gellert Grindelwald." Leah said handing the book to Harry she had opened the page to the full size photo of him. "Grindelwald.... Krum was talking to me about the mark being Grindelwald's. He was pretty angry since Xenophilius Lovegood was wearing it at the wedding. He said it was a symbol of Dark Magic."

 Leah sat on the frozen ground. "Dark Magic? Why would someone put it in a children's book then?" Leah thought aloud. "And what about Ignotus Peverell? He had that symbol on his tombstone. How does he fit into all of this?" Hermione questioned, Leah had been so focused on all of this she didn't realize that the sun was setting. "You two go into the tent. I'll take your wand Hermione and the locket as well." Harry said, Hermione and Leah went inside still thinking about the mysterious mark.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Leah had woken up to the sound of Harry's voice, "Leah! Hermione! You have to come see this!" Harry called them, Leah sat up straight in alarm bumping her head on the bottom of Hermione's bunk. She then ran outside to see Harry and Ron, soaking wet. "What happened to you? Did you wander away from the tent?" she asked, "Do you know how dangerous that could have been? And why is Ron here?" then Leah's eyes fell upon the Sword of Gryffindor and a destroyed locket.

 "You destroyed it?" Leah muttered and Hermione came out of the tent, "Hey!" Ron greeted her expecting her to welcome him back with open arms, boy was he wrong. Hermione stormed up to him took his backpack off of him and started to hit him with it. "You. Complete. Arse. Ronald. Weasley." she then moved on to some frozen leaves that had been laying on the ground beneath them. "You don't show up for weeks!" she stopped throwing leaves at him "And you say hey?" her voice had become high pitched from her frustration.

 Hermione's eyes fell upon the broken locket, "What is that?" her eyes then widened, "You destroyed it? And how do you so happen to have the Sword of Gryffindor?" she asked him. "It's a long story." Harry said, "Well don't think that this changes anything!" Hermione snapped at him, finally Ron spoke up. "Oh of course not! I just destroyed a bloody horcrux! How does that change anything?!" Ron lowered his tone of voice after the killer glare Hermione gave him.