Dead and Gone

Harry and Leah rushed back to the Transfiguration Courtyard to find that there was a huge crowd. The both of them pushed through to find Dumbledore's dead body laying there. Leah felt hot tears running down her cheeks. Harry knelt down and took a locket off of Dumbledore's neck, no doubt that that was the horcrux they set off to find. Then Harry put a hand over Dumbledore's once beating heart, and everyone, including Leah, started to raise their wands to the Dark Mark that was haunting the sky, symbolizing the death of one powerful wizard. All of the students' and professors' wands lit up shooting balls of light into the sky dissolving the Dark Mark.

Once the Dark Mark had fully deteriorated Harry retracted his hand and stood up with Leah rubbing his back to comfort him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm afraid we will have to send the students home early in event of our head master's tragic death." McGonagall almost choked on the word death but kept strong she couldn't show weakness at a time like this. "But Professor McGonagall you can't!" Harry spoke up. "May I ask why Mr. Potter?" she asked him. "We all loved Dumbledore Professor! He kept us safe at the darkest of times."  Leah explained. "We just don't think it would be fitting to just go without saying good bye." Ron said.

Professor McGonagall thought about it for a moment. "Please Professor! It's for everyone's well being." Hermione added, McGonagall pursed her lips. "Fine, it is settled then. I will inform the students.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day all of Hogwarts staff and students attended Dumbledore's funeral. Even though it was a weekend all of the students wore their Hogwarts uniforms in honor of Professor Dumbledore.

Dumbledore's grave was located on an island located near the Forbidden Forest. When Hagrid carried Dumbledore's dead body to the grave, many tears were shed. Most people were probably thinking that Hogwarts won't be the safe haven it used to be. Truth is they were right. With Dumbledore gone there is a better chance of Voldemort taking over the school. Leah hoped Harry was thinking of a plan or else they'd be goners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That afternoon Leah was packing her things when a snowy white owl flew through the window, a note tied to it's leg. She recognized the owl as Harry's pet owl Hedwig and slipped the note out of the knot.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower. I want to talk to you. It said in Harry's hand writing. Since the sun was setting she waved her wand and it automatically packed the rest of her things. 

Leah finally made it to the Astronomy Tower and quickly climbed the stairs to find Harry, Hermione, and Ron already up there. "What's up?" she asked, Harry turned to her and motioned for her to join him on the balcony. "I'm really sorry." Leah apologized. Harry looked at her confused. "Why." he asked her.

"I knew Draco was a Death Eater. I should have turned him in, if I had done that he wouldn't have let all of those Death Eaters into the castle and killed Dumbledore." Harry faced the lake and a breeze of warm air engulfed them both. "Draco wouldn't have killed Dumbledore, he was lowering his wand. You were right, he was doing it out of fear. In the end it was Snape, it was always Snape. And I did nothing." there was silence for a few seconds and Leah gestured towards the locket Harry was holding. 

"Is that..." Leah started "No, it's a fake. There was a note inside it from R.A.B. . He's the one with the actual horcrux. So it was all a waste." there was silence again. "I'm not coming back Leah. I've got to finish what Dumbledore started, I don't know where that'll lead me but I'll contact you whenever I can." he said.

"Harry, sometimes you can be really thick. Do you remember what I said last year? You can't fight this battle alone Harry. You need us." Leah said placing her hand on top of his. "You have to stay here. It's dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt." he said looking into her dark blue eyes. "Harry, without Dumbledore Hogwarts will be filled to the rim with Death Eaters." Leah reasoned.

"They know we're your friends Harry, they will torture us into giving up your whereabouts." Hermione added joining the two of them. Harry contemplated on that idea and then nodded in agreement. "Fine." then he paused and let the breeze whistle by.

"You know, I never realized how beautiful this place was." Harry thought out loud, the four of them stood there on the balcony and watched Fawkes fly away.

Leah turned to Harry who still had a hint of worry in his eyes. "Don't worry." she reassured him squeezing his hand, Harry nodded at her. He was glad to have friends that would support him through thick and thin. He wouldn't know what he'd do without them.

 ~End of Year 6~

_______________________________________________________________________________

Yay! We are now moving on to Deathly Hallows! Thanks for supporting my story everyone, I really appreciate it! 

I am so thankful for all of you dedicated readers it warms my heart. ^_^

Stay tuned for the first chapter of year 7! Bye!