Chapter 55

We decide to go after Molly tonight. We would go now but we need some time to gather some people to go with us. Zeke, Uriah, Tobias and I are for sure going and Ed claims he is too. I'm not sure what to think of that but he knows the Factionless section better than we do and could come in handy. On the other hand he could still be working for Molly. It's a chance that we, unfortunately, have to take. Ed is staying with Tori until we meet up to go after Molly so he can't spread any information or get into trouble. Zeke and Uriah are going with Tobias and I to get some cake while we eat lunch.

I get a piece of chicken with mashed potatoes and peas. Tobias gets a hamburger and french fries. My meal is comforting but not really a Dauntless meal. I don't really care but it shows how I'll never truly give up Abnegation. I guess I really don't want to.

"Tris, you're eating like an Abnegation," Uriah says.

"So what?" I ask him as I turn to face him. He smiles and runs a finger covered in chocolate icing from his piece of cake down my nose. He licks the rest of the icing off his finger and frowns. He takes more icing and rubs it all over my face. I close my eyes out of anger while Tobias laughs slightly.

"You did not just do that," I say calmly.

"So what if I did?" Uriah asks. I take the rest of my mashed potatoes in my hand and mash them into his hair. His mouth drops open in shock and disgust as I rub the potatoes into his hair thoroughly. Now Zeke and Tobias are both laughing like crazy.

"Now I have to wash my hair and restyle it. Do you know how long it takes to wash my hair and style it like that, Tris? It takes ten minutes! That's ten minutes I'd rather spend doing something else! It's like nine minutes too much!"

"Oh boo hoo! You started it!"

"You're right. I did start it." Uriah sits back in his chair as if he's conceding. It's unlike him and is slightly unnerving. "And I'm going to be the one to finish it." I go to jump up right as he grabs Zeke's plate with the rest of his cake on it and smashes the cake onto my head. My mouth opens in shock and disgusting as I feel chunks of cake fall down my back. A few even fall down my shirt.

"Hey, I was gonna eat that!" Zeke exclaims.

"Well I couldn't use my own, I'm eating it," Uriah explains. Zeke looks unamused and without any emotion reaches across the table and shoves Uriah's face into his own cake. We all wait for Uriah to go after Zeke but instead he just shrugs.

"I can still eat it," he says as he wipes some of the cake off of his face and eats it. Zeke just rolls his eyes and Tobias and I laugh.

"Well, I'm going to clean up to get this cake out of my hair and off of my face. I'll see you later," I tell Uriah and Zeke.

"I'll come with you," Tobias says. We head out of the cafeteria and toward our apartment. I take his hand in mine as we walk.

"You know," Tobias says, "you could stay here tonight."

I laugh. "You know me better than that. That's not going to happen."

"I know. I just don't want to lose you again." By now we're at our apartment and are getting ready to go in. I turn and stare into his eyes. I put my hand on his cheek and continue to stare at him.

"You're not going to lose me again. Do you understand me? I'm never leaving you again. Not if I have anything to say about it."

"Tris," he says seriously.

"Yes?"

"It's hard to take you seriously with cake on your face." We both bust out laughing and go into our apartment.