Chapter 2.

As I entered the building, my stomach quickly became this huge not of nauseas; the smell around the room and the people all full of anxiety and tears in their eyes. Most of them I knew the reason they were there, they were familiar faces and that just made it worse.  I wanted to get out of there but a female voice called.

-         Hi dear, can I help you?

I got closer to the counter.

-          Yeah, actually I’m hoping to see my – I stopped a second.- Hum, my friend.

-          Sure, tell me her name.

-          Melanie, Melanie Suarez.

She typed something and then said:

-          Oh she’s fine, she probably will be out tomorrow. She is in the 2nd floor, room 214.

I knew exactly where she was, I’ve been there 4 or 5 times, I just needed that little badge so I could easily walk into the corridors.

-          Thanks. – I took the badge and took off before anyone could see me and (lord knows) grabbed me and cried over my shoulder.

I know it sounds mean but I just couldn’t handle it right now, nor in the last few days, I’m not very good at sharing my pain and I preferred crying all I wanted when I was alone and then smile in front of others so they don’t need to worry about me.

I get to her room, but before coming in, I look trough to the window and I see her talking to someone and laughing (actually laughing!). As I look closer I recognise almost immediately the guy in the chair next to her, the only one who made her smile like that. Niall was casually talking to her and never taking his eyes off of her. It was the first time I’d caught her awake but I didn’t had the courage to ruin that moment for them, so I just smiled and got out of there.

So I started my haunt to a different corridor, a different room and a different person – Harry. I see a plaque saying “Intensive Cares” and I followed the arrow. I start wondering around, sneaking into the windows in every room. Sometimes I saw tears of despair, other times I saw smiles of relief, and a lot of times I saw people praying.  And finally, I see the boy that makes my heart race; Harry was lying still in his bed, pale as snow and with a tube coming out of his mouth. It just paralysed me and horrified me the fact that he was so quite. He didn’t had the typical grim on his face and that just seamed wrong.

I opened the door very quietly and walked to him without blinking, just fixated on him. When I reached him I just caressed his dark curls and that’s when my eyes started filling and I would bawl my eyes out if someone hadn’t just interrupt.

-          What on earth do you think you’re doing?

I turn around to see Anne, Harry’s mom. She looks so tired; she has a messy pony tail, a long beige coat and a cup of coffee.

-          I’m... I was just...

-          Get out.

-          Please!, just let me...

-          NOW!

I stop for a second and look her straight in the eyes.

-          I was not the one who shot him. – I say determined.

And then her words were as cold as her eyes.

-          You might as well have.

It was like a punch in my stomach. I started walking in race pace trough the door. I passed through her but just before I leave, I turned around and said:

-          You know... he came back for me. He chose to be there because, whether you like it or not, I’m important to him. I am.

I saw her clench her jaw a little.

-          But trust me when I tell you, that he is just as important to me.

She didn’t say anything. She didn’t have to. So I just looked one last time to Harry and took off. I had a new destination in mind. 

A Gun and a Rose (A Harry Styles Fan Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara