Chapter 5.

The next morning I woke up so extremely early that you could still feel that breeze of the night in the air. I took my mother’s car keys and took off; I could easily have walked till there, but I was too in a hurry.

I had my journal with me with all up until the last little detail of my memories, and I could not wait to see pride on my doctor’s eyes when I showed them to him. I was actually excited to get to that little dark room.

When I got there, the waiting room was empty and I took that as a good sign.

-          I’m sorry, is Doctor Wilson with somebody? – I asked to the lady in the reception.

-          Doctor Wilson asked not to be disturbed. I am sorry if you had an appointment but something came up. I was actually about to call to all the patients he was attending today.

I was confused and quite irritate with the woman who wouldn’t even look at me.

-          But is he alone? – I asked.

-          Yes, and that’s how he wants to be.

I knew enough, I got straight to his office as I heard that woman calling me back. I knocked to open the door just a second after.

-          I’m sorry but I need to speak to you. – The man was sited at his desk reading what I assumed to be a letter.

Honestly, I don’t understand why that was so important that he could not be disturbed. The woman appeared behind me with panic in her voice.

-          I’m so sorry Dr., I will call security and she will be out soon enough. – she looked at me, anger in her eyes.

-          There’s no need for that Miss Prewitt. – he took his glasses and made a stop sign with his hands. – I asked Miss Evans to come up here now, didn’t I?

I didn’t really know what was going on but I just nod and that seemed to be enough to that lady for she just apologised and got off. 

 When the door closed behind me, Dr. Wilson got up of his chair and sat down in his desk right in front of me.

-          Well good morning Rose, can you tell me what made me lie to my receptionist? – he asked not sounding angry but intrigued.

-          I am really sorry for that Dr., but you see, I started to remember! Now don’t be too excited they were just some images but I got them all down in my...

-          Rose, would you be a dear and open the curtains for me, please? This room needs some light. – he said looking around.

What was wrong with this man today? Wasn’t this what he had wanted to happen for the past 2 weeks? I mean I wasn’t expecting fireworks or anything but... well, some interest!

I shook my toughs out and did as he asked.

-          Anyway, I brought my journal with me and I think there are some important details in there that can, you know – I looked at him as I opened the last curtain – illuminate some things.

Actually, the room wasn’t all that bad with some sun light in it. Who knew?

-          Did you take your medication, Rose? – he said walking towards me.

He took me off guard.

-          Y-yeah, sure. Why?

-          Really? How many hours did you sleep today?

I remembered what my mother told me about the pills and how I had forgotten to put my make up to cover those big dark circles beneath my eyes. I was quite ashamed to be honest; I looked like a little kid who had just been caught eating that cookie right before dinner.

-          I’m sorry, really. I just didn’t really like the fact that you thought I was even worse than when I came here the first time.

He came to me and grabbed my shoulders with his hands.

-          Rose, you cannot lie to me, ok? You have to promise. – I nod. – Now tell me, how many hours have you slept in the last 4 days?

I looked at him and for the first time he actually looked... worried.

-          About 12 hours, maybe?  But I slept a lot in the first 2 days that I got back from the hospital.

He shook his head: That’s not enough.

He let go of me and started walking to that last window, showing me his back. I didn’t really know what to say as he looked fixated on the clouds or something. I looked at my opened bag in the couch, with my journal showing up and I tough I would get him when dr. abruptly says:

-          Let us take a walk in the park! It’s a beautiful day outside, too beautiful to be spent in this old room.

-          I-I’m sorry, what? What about the...

-          Oh come on now, I promise you, I will pay as much attention to what you have to say as if we stay here. With the bonus of you getting a little of sun in that skin of yours, because let’s face it, it has seen better days.

I opened my mouth to defend myself but who was I kidding? I was a mess.

-          Very well, but you have to listen to what I have to say.

-          I will even buy you an ice cream, flower. – he says putting his arm up symbolizing a promise.

I smiled. Maybe he was getting a little crazy... and really, who was I to criticize him? As far as I knew, I felt more opened to him now than ever before and besides, whom else to make you less of a freak than a crazy person itself, han? 

I am sooo excited to be sharing this story with you, I hope you all enjoy it. Pleaaase vote and comment xoxo.