Chapter 6.

If anyone would have said to me two days ago that I would be in the park of the town, just walking around in the sidewalks, watching as little kids played around with their dogs and friends, telling the story of my life to my not so friendly psychiatry, I would have laughed at their faces really, really hard.

I am not laughing.

 I do not know what has happened but somehow, it was now easier to talk to this beyond middle age man than to my own mother. It all started by me telling him these short motion pictures that I had now started to remember, I told him how I remembered to hear a gunshot very closely to me and how Harry had comforted me; how I had been in a very small space, barely breathing (this one was very vague, but I thought on telling him anyway) and I told him about the blood in my hands, but now I knew where it was coming from, it was from someone’s chess... and that’s when I stopped our walk and just looked down.

-          Dr. I’m scared.

-          That’s normal Rose, but this is good. Eventually you’ll remember the whole day, don’t you worry. – he said patting me in the back.

-          I-It’s not that. – I went sitting in one of those park benches and looked at him, standing right in front of me. – It’s just that... I’m really scared someone might have, you know - I gritted my lips before saying it – died in my arms.

-          Oh, I see. – he came sit next to me. – I have thought of that. You see, funny thing the human brain. It’s overly protective of its owner, and it tends to do what it wants to minimize the pain you know, even if it means to forget what caused it. But, you see that’s the thing about pain, as a great writer once said “Pain demands to be felt” so you won’t feel relieved, you’ll just feel lost.

I nodded, it made sense really, but then again, everything sounds wiser when said by an old man.

-          You suffered a great deal Rose, but you’re a smart girl, it won’t help you move on not knowing what happened. – he got up – You and I both know that not having the answers, won’t make the questions disappear.

There he was again, honestly if I had said the exact same words to anyone, it wouldn’t have sound that profound. It just wouldn’t.

-          Come on, walk with me. – he said.

I got up and we continued our morning walking.

-          Now what do I do? The next flashbacks can come in a day, a week, a month... who knows? Should I start taking those pills?

-          I do think you should have help, sleeping. Seriously child I haven’t seen such horrible dark circles in someone’s eyes since my wife first moved in with me.

I gave him a confused look.

-          I may or may not, snore when I’m in a deep sleep.

I giggled and I caught him smiling at my response.

-          But I do not think you need such strong medication. In fact, I plan to do something different with you.

-          Please, do tell. – I said curious.

-          By what you told me, you could only remember something after taking it off of your mind. You were just casually thinking about some good times with Harry, right?

I blush a little and consent.

-          Very well, then why don’t you tell me about your story? – he said quite happy with himself.

-          Our story? Mine and Harrys?

-          Well yes! I am all aboard on these teenager romances. – he said trying very hard to convince me.

-          I’m not sure if I can...

-          Oh come now Rose, it won’t hurt trying will it? And don’t you think it’s better than pills?

I was seriously reconsidering my options.

-          It is a long story Dr.

-          It is a long park, Rose.

     Hello everyone :) I'm lovely writer's best friend (Beatriiztorrees) and I'll posting her work while she's away. I hope you enjoy it because I really love this story. Thank you! Don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo