Chapter 21

October 1st

I was now starting to wake up but not with the usual morning light that comes out from my window and definitely not with the shrill sound that my alarm clock echoes every morning, no. I woke up with the small light of a lamp and a light snore from a very stubborn boy and all this because I, as I would very soon realize, was not in my cozy bed in my perfect adequate bedroom. Actually I was in a very uncomfortable position with a book above me and a pen stuck in my column. I was sleeping in the sofa.

-          Harry! – I shouted at the bloke standing awkwardly in the armchair, sleeping soundly. He woke up. – We fell asleep!

And he quickly gets up, letting fall the books he had at his legs.

-          Why didn’t you wake me?! – he said exasperated starting to pick his things up.

-          I just did because I just woke up! – I said, stumbling to my bedroom to grab my watch. – Harry! We have twenty minutes until our first class!

I went at my door, looking at him panicking.

-          Go! – he said. – We have to get ready.

And he went on to his bedroom and I did the same. Instead of my daily morning shower, I went for a quick face wash while brushing my teeth. Because last night I hadn’t stayed about 15 minutes trying to figure out what to wear the next day, I had to go with some basics. When I was minimally presentable, I got to our shared room still combing my hair.

-          You do realize this is your entire fault, right? – I said angrily to Harry.

-          How is this, my fault? – he asked rubbing his hair trying to tame it.

-          You were the one demanding we would do our entire philosophy’s project last night… when is not due until next week! 

He sighed.

-          Fine. – he said grabbing some of the books laying on the floor. – I did not demand, I asked. And besides, we were having fun…

I rolled my eyes.

-          Whatever; just give me my physics book. – I told him.

He did so and said:

-          Don’t tell me that you didn’t have a good time. – he said with a mocking tone.

-          You pretending to be a great philosopher at the middle of the night; is not my definition of fun. – I said coldly.

I wasn’t being completely honest since it was rather funny watching him impersonate our philosophy teacher and I think I’d laugh more than I can recall. But I was not going to admit it since I have a terrible morning mood if things don’t start right.

-          Yeah right. Come on, I’ll see you at lunch. – he opened the door and I got out in front of him.

I was in physics with Emma by my side and I was with a serious pain in my back.

-          What happened to you Rose? You can’t stay still in your chair.

-          I’m sorry. – I said to her. – I slept in a terrible position. – I kept trying to massage my back.

She smiled brightly.

-          Have you and Mr. Styles been playing funny games there Miss Evans? – she asked quite enjoyably.

I rolled my eyes: Oh please.

Finally Madame Diggory turned from the black board and told us to open our books in the page 54. When I opened it I realize almost immediately it wasn’t my book.

-          Emma, I’ve got the wrong book, this is not mine. – I whispered to her.

-          Well it’s still a physics book, isn’t it? You’re good for now. – she said.

-          Yes, but it doesn’t have my side notes, I’m nothing without them. You know this class isn’t my strongest. - I told her.

-          Whose book is it anyway? – she asked me.

I opened it in the first page to see the name Harry Edward Styles written with a sharp handwriting. I narrowed to Emma and showed her the page. She giggled.

-          Maybe I can ask Melanie to borrow me hers, she is way smarter than me at this. – I said looking back trying to find Melanie.

-          She is not here. – Emma informed me, I looked at her. – She didn’t come to class today.

-          What? Why? Melanie never misses her classes. – I said intrigued.

-          I know, but I heard she and Niall fought last night and actually, they have been fighting for a little while now.

I was truly surprised to hear it since I couldn’t recall the last time Melanie and Niall fought. I was starting to get worried and thinking maybe I should pretend to go to the bathroom and look for Melanie when Emma whispers to me:

-          Was it Harry also the cause for you to dress like this today? – I looked at her confused. – Not that you look dreadful or anything but you have to admit that since that little date of yours, you have been way more pretty.

I blushed a little. It was true, I had been especially cautious to my looks ever since.

-          How are things with Mr. Perfect anyway? – she asked me.

-          It’s fine. I hadn’t spend much time with him this last week since he’s been very focused on swimming and stuff, but we’re in a good place. – I smiled at her.

-          Has he tried anything dirty already? – she asked me wheeler.

I giggled.

-          No, just some stolen kisses from time to time. – I told her.

And that’s when Madame Diggory warned us to be quiet and so we did before professor would have the brilliant idea to send us to the blackboard or something.

I was walking down the corridor when I saw Harry near his locker putting some books in it. I ran to him.

-          Hey, you little thief! – I reached him. – I’ve got your book so I’m thinking you probably have mine.

He looked at me and he didn’t have his usual smirk or mocking eyes, he seemed angry. He took the book off his locker and handed it to me.

-          Here – he said coldly.

-          Okay, thanks. – I said a little confused for why he was acting like this.

I looked at him for a second until he said:

-          Do you want anything else? – he asked harshly.

-          No… - I said.

He made a suggestive face for me to leave but I didn’t so he just rolled his eyes and took off. Was this all because of my bad morning moods? Jesus, I couldn’t have been that bitchy. I sighed and took off to meet Emma, I would talk to him later. After all we were neighbors so he didn’t have much choice. 

Hello, hello roses! A brand new chapter here and let me just thank you for keep reading my story, I'm really glad for that. But pretty please, could you comment and/or vote? It makes me really happy :)