Chapter 8.

-          This is beautiful; I don’t know why I’ve never came here before.

-          You haven’t? Oh you’ve been losing so much; you should see it in the autumn!

I smiled. We were sitting under a tree, each one on a side of it so we couldn’t really see each other. It should be around 10 am and the weather was just perfect. I didn’t really remember a day quite like this one for what it felt like forever.

-          My wife and I, we used to come here almost every weekend, she just loved it here.

I looked at my hands and imagined bringing Harry here, I’m sure he would love it.

-          Do you have any kids Dr. Wilson?

-          I had once. A little boy; he died very young. He was born with several conditions and was really sick by the time he reached a month of age.

My heart was so heavy while he spoke, it was hard to imagine how much pain he must have felt and I didn’t really wanted to imagine.

-          He died with just 42 days of life, but we loved him in each one of them. My wife never really got through it so we just focused on living the rest of our lives just enjoying each other company.

The air became heavy and I didn’t really know what to say.

-          I am really sorry. – I said honestly.

I heard him get up and followed him.

-          Well, I have told you my story young lady, now you have to tell me yours. – We started walking again and I was happy that the day was still quite good. – And with a fair share of details do your hear me? So I can analyze it all I want.

Yeah right.

-          Fair enough. But you have to promise me you won’t judge nor laugh and definitely, you won’t stop me every 5 minutes to ask questions. You’ll be quiet as I tell you the story that will change your perception of epic.

-          Wow, is that good? – he was surprised.

-          No, is just that bad.

*

It was the first day of 11th grade and I was as nervous as it would be expected and because my mother had to work quite early and I did not have a car of my own yet, I was in school about an hour earlier.

When I got there it was as empty as it was in summer vacations and I liked it that way. I went straight to the secretary and asked for my locker and prayed to God it wasn’t one of those in which I had to struggle my arse off to reach it but as I could always count with my “oh so bad karma, it was just one of those sneaky bastards.

So I did my magnificent show of acrobatics to put my books in a safe place and I thanked God no one was watching; I then went to the library and it was all so quiet and in place just like I remembered. I was about to enter the work zone to see if there were any new good books when I spotted this one that I have wanted to read all summer. And of course, it was on the last shell, and as I tried my best to reach it, I saw someone actually studying, at 7 am, on the library!  

-          What the... – I started but got silenced by the book who had just fallen right above my head.

I cried in my pain and that was when he raised his head and I looked him right in the eyes – the one only Harry Styles. The second he put his eyes on me he made that grim smile of his and I wanted to punch him right there and then.

-          Already beating with your head in the books, there Evans? Go easy with that, the year hasn’t even started yet, there is plenty of time. – he said while laughing.

I gave him a mean look as I got down picking up the book.

-          Shut up, would you? It just fell. – I started walking towards him. – What are you even doing here anyway?

I reached him and he closed his book.

-          What does it look like I’m doing? I’m studying; I want to be ready for our first class.

-          B-but you don’t study. You just smile and hope for the best! I mean, that’s you lemma right?

He laughed and started picking up his things.

-          You’re kidding, right? How did you think I could have good grades? I don’t even pay that much attention to the classes! So I sure must do some work outside them.

It made sense.

-          I-I just thought...

He narrowed his eyes at me: You though they would just give me good grades because they like me, didn’t you?

Busted!

I mean it was possible, the majority of our teachers were woman and they would just get all gigglish when he entered the room so yeah, I’ve thought about it. But I would never admit I was wrong.

-          This may come as a shock, but I don’t go around thinking of you and your grades so I didn’t really had any theories. – I said confident and hoping he would buy it.

He nod: I see. – there was silence and for a second I thought I had actually hurt him. – What about you? Did you sense I was here and came to school an hour earlier just to see me?

Never mind.

-          Yeah sure, your smell is just so intoxicating that I could sense it from my house. – I said rolling my eyes.

The boy laughed again and started walking by my side.

-          I promised to go meet the guys before class and I know for a fact that Melanie is probably with Niall right now, which means Emma will be too so... – he opened the library door. – Care to accompany me?

I narrowed him suspiciously and he rolled his eyes.

-          Come now, I promise you I won’t do grounders.

I passed through him and said: Well, it wouldn’t be the first time.

-          Oh don’t worry love; it won’t be the last either. – he said half smiling.

     Hello everyone :) I'm lovely writer's best friend (Beatriiztorrees) and I'll posting her work while she's away. I hope you enjoy it because I really love this story. Thank you! Don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo