Chapter 13.

When we got to the restaurant it wasn’t as bad as I imagined in my head. Maybe because I was almost unrecognisable due to my not so lovely looks, or maybe just because slowly the town was starting to heal; either way, nobody approached me.

We were sited at this table right next to a big window and we could see the busy street.

-  It’s been 3 weeks now; I think people are starting to accept. – Dr. said looking outside the window.

-    No. – I responded not sure what I was meaning. – They’re just trying to make themselves busy I guess, other way they just couldn’t handle it. – I looked at him. – It’s too much for them.

And it really was. It was a small town, and despite the fact that most of them were well-being and had no money problem what’s so ever, the action and drama that cities were so used to, our town had nothing like it.

The journalists were slowly starting to fade away and with that, the constant memory of the tragedy was starting to go with them as well.

Mary, the old and round lady that owned the dinner, came to us with our meals and smiled to us but was like an empathetic smile so I knew she had recognised me. Dr. Wilson was surprisingly pleased and started eating right after thanking Mary for the meal.

-          So, - he said suddenly – you were telling me how you weren’t ready to forgive Harry yet. Well, when were you then?

September 4th

Our school has a swimming team which Harry was a part of and to be fair, was quite the star of it.

I was going to P.E. class when he caught me entering the gym and wouldn’t let me go until I’d speak to him.

-   The thing is that I would truly like to apologize to you, yet again; I would also love to know what I was apologizing for! – he seemed angry.

And I didn’t like that, so instead of putting my pride aside, I made a bigger problem than it really was.

-   And this is why you’re a waste of my time! The fact that you don’t even know what you’ve done just makes me realize that it doesn’t matter if I ever speak to you again; it just makes me wonder if it’s worth the trouble and what have you ever done for me anyway? You just keep humiliating since the very first day we met!

He was staring at me and I had to swallow to keep myself quiet.

-   Is this about almost getting you into detention? – he asked me quite serious.

My cheeks turned a little red. When he puts it that way it makes me feel ridiculous about being so mad.

-   Y-yes... and because of everything else. You act as if you haven’t been tormenting me for the last 6 years and talk as if you don’t do anything on purpose and somehow it’s my fault that I don’t like you!

-    I didn’t mean to...

-   Don’t bother Styles! ‘Cause you see, even if you don’t do it on purpose, it still hurts. I can’t bare the feeling of not being good enough, of people thinking that they’re better than me for certain reasons and still, you keep pushing me down as if I’m nothing but some joke! – he was so serious looking at me, actually concerned. – And it doesn’t matter anyway, because if this is the real you, I really don’t see the point of trying to get along because it’s better to realize this now then later.

And my eyes started to fill and I didn’t know why, he usually wouldn’t affect me so much but I have the horrible habit of crying while angry. It just makes everything worse.

-  Rose, I’m so sorry.

-  It doesn’t matter... – I tried to cut him off and walk away before I would start sobbing my eyes out. But he just grabbed my arms and kept me captive in front of him.

-   Yes it does! – he said. – You have to believe me, I am truly sorry if I ever made you feel that way, I’m so, so sorry. – and out of the blue he just hugged me really tight and I had my hands on his chest and instead of pushing him away I just buried my face on it and stayed there. -  I promise I will never make you feel like that again. I promise.

And that was it. We just stayed there for a few seconds until I started to move away. He then put his hand on my neck and I felt this weird feeling on my stomach.

-  Are we okay? – he asked.

And before I could answer I heard someone say:

-  Would you look at that? Did she finally stop playing hard with you, Styles?

Andrew was leaning to the wall with his usual black clothes and a cigarette on his lips, yet that grim smile of his was still there.

-   Piss off Andrew. – I said, taking a step to my left, increasing the space between Harry and me.

-  Oh come on love, you and I both know that this would happen sooner or later. – he looked straight at me. – I was right the whole time.

I took a hard breath.

- You should leave, now. – Harry said harshly.

Andrew spit out his cigarette and stepped it.

-  Just for curiosity, what are you thinking on doing about it?

Harry took a step further and I stopped him before something could happen.

-  I mean it Andrew, go away before I tell someone what you were doing here. – I said trying my best to look threatening.

-  Oh Rose, what else can they do to me? – he looked straight into my eyes- I’ve got nothing to lose anymore. – he said it still with a grim smile, but I could see pain in his eyes.

And I felt hauntingly guilty, and that not in the end of my throat was there again as it always was whenever I saw him.

The bell rang and it quo to put his hood on and leave from there.

I started to walk away but Harry grabbed my arm again and I really wasn’t with patience to conversations; and I still was trying to figure it out what that whole hug thing was on about.

-  Rose, are you alright? – he asked.

When the hell, did this boy became so concern about me?

-  Yeah, I’m fine. – I said.

He didn’t seem convinced.

-  I’m fine, Harry, really. Just go to your swim practice, I have class too and I don’t want to be late.

It was enough for him, if he believed it or not I really didn’t know but I think he realized I couldn’t stay there anymore.

I really wasn’t fine but I just kept reminding myself that I was about to go to a gym with boxing bags that I could use and I could picture whoever body I would want, while punching it. The thing was to decide which body I would choose.

Hii guys, the new chapter is up! I particularly like this one so I really hope you do too :D pleaaaase comment and vote. Love you loads <3