Chapter 24

October 8th

I was really down those past days, I’ve been avoiding all of them and on top of that, I hadn’t have the chance to talk to Melanie either and I was starting to get worried about it.

I was entering the library when I saw her sitting alone in one of the desks, and I called her out but she looked at me deadly. I was coming to her but then Jake from my extra literature class came to ask me about our last assignment and when I looked to find her, she was already gone.

I had seen Emma and Louis talking to each other on the day before. And after he left, I saw Emma and she seemed really unhappy for about 3 seconds, then she just shook it and went on to being her. I don’t believe she saw me, but I saw her. So when she came to me that Wednesday afternoon, we talked, and I’m really glad we did because for starters, we lied to our PE professor about us both being on our periods and just had these awful cramps which our professor just felt immediately awkward and got us dismissed from class with a free pass. Sometimes is good being a girl. And so we went to the fields that exist behind our school just before the mounts that raise further more.

We were lying in our backs and I was almost regretting not getting sun cream that day since it was particularly sunny.

-          I don’t think he loves me. – Emma said. – Not really.

And I looked by my side to watch her eyes closed, in profile with the sun in her face.

-          Maybe. But I know that you do. – I said to her.

And she opened her eyes and looked at me.

-          And that just makes it worse. – she sounded hurt.

My lips became a thin line and sighed. We both looked to the sun again and it was so warm, like winter warm which is the best.

-          I think he loves you, Emma, I really do; but maybe that’s just not enough. What happened that night? What were you fighting about?

I heard her sigh.

-          Just after you signed yourself as a Prefect, I was feeling a little lonely that Saturday night so I went to Carter’s, that new bar, and that’s when I found Louis there. I was about to leave that same instant but he came to me and he seemed so… concerned, like the Louis I had fallen for. We talked and drank and he opened up to me, he said he missed me and that talk we had about me and John, do you remember? – she asked me and I said I did. – Well, he said it had killed him inside.

I wasn’t sure if she was still talking to me or was just finally saying it out loud, either way, I was listening to her every word.

-          We both admitted that we want to be with each other that night but he said he wasn’t ready to an opened relationship since he had never been in one, I think he was just scared but then again, so was I. That was when he asked for help to Harry. – she looked at me. – You really shouldn’t be mad at him, he was just being a good mate and he was really happy for us. He even tried to convince Louis to just admit it to everybody.

I lay by my side with my bag under my head.

-          I know. He’s alright. – I said and she smiled. – So, you seemed to have all figured out, what went wrong that night?

-          That night we weren’t supposed to meet in school, but we had been fighting a lot so we decided it was best to. It’s just that he gets really jealous about anything and I fight back about him not having the right to be jealous since I’m not really his. It just goes on like that and that’s when you caught us.