Chapter 26

October 25th

It was Saturday morning and everyone knows those glorious mornings are moments of pure happiness and laziness. Well, at least they were until my ankle decided to take all the joy in the world and change it into a pure and petrifying pain that would break even the bravest of man.

Okay, maybe I was overreacting but the pain was real and I couldn’t sleep past 9a.m. because of it. I decided to take a peek at it and regretted immediately because now the ankle was not only swollen but also had a massive bruise blue and purple. Fuck. Maybe it would be a good idea to go to the infirmary visiting Madam Swan.

Making a huge effort, I got out of bed and got ready. Because I had make my mission to stay in bed all day, making my homework, studying and eating poorly, I just went on putting my third day jeans and my white light shirt. I let my long and waved hair down my back but don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a cute movie style kind of waved, it was a what the hell is wrong back there kind of waved to be honest.

Fair is to say that I regretted almost immediately because the first thing I saw when I got out of my room was a very friendly and a very giggling Harry and Marcy drinking whatever they were drinking in those mugs while sited on the sofa, talking as usual friends. I narrowed them making sure I wasn’t hallucinating.

Harry noticed I was there.

-          ‘Morning Evans, did you sleep well? – he asked casually.

-          Yeah I did, thanks. – I said with cautious.

-          Good. – he said with a smile.

Marcy got up of the sofa, fully dressed and completely different from when I last saw her. She had her clothes back on but they looked... nice. Her face was bright again and her hair washed. Where did she wash her hair? Did she wash it in Harry’s bathroom? For some reason, I wasn’t very pleased with the idea.

-          Good morning Rose, thank you for borrowing me your night clothes. – she said handing me my pyjamas.

-          You’re welcome, I guess. – I said not fully understanding the whole situation.

Harry was watching us as one watches her boyfriend meeting her father. I was worried I was the father in this case.

-       And also thank you for taking care of me last night. – was she actually blushing at the memory? What the hell was going on here?! I was waiting a threat or something about me never telling what happen to anyone dead or alive but certainly, I was not expecting this.

-          Hum yeah, sure. No problem. – I said trying to sound casual.

-          Lovely. – Harry said getting up. – I’m really glad you girls went on into respecting each other. – he was looking at both of us and he seemed genuinely happy. – I’m going to get ready now. Were you going somewhere, Rose? – Harry asked me.

-          Oh, hum I was just going to the dining hall to get breakfast. – I lied.

-          Oh okay, will I see you later then? – he asked.

-          Yeah, sure. – I forced a smile.

-          Cool. – he smiled and went on to his bedroom.

We got left alone and I felt really uncomfortable. I was looking down when I remembered where I wanted to go; I had to pretend to be walking normally without any pain and passed through Marcy to the main door, but before I could open it, she stopped me.