Chapter 10.

Later, September 1st

Louis, Niall, Melanie and Emma were all four sited at one of the two very long rectangle tables that occupied the entire dining hall. They were all friendly chatting with each other and laughing at some joke that Niall had just told when we got near them, and I could not ignore the suspicious eyes that Emma laid on me. I went sitting next to her.

-  Are you going to tell me why you and Mr. Styles were together? Have you join the dark side my dear Rose? – Emma asked, whispering so the guys wouldn’t hear us, although I noticed that Melanie was very interested in our conversation.

-    Fear nothing my dear Emma, I do not have become mates of Mr. Styles from one day to another. Although we did promised Melanie to not be so hard on them, didn’t we?

She rolled her eyes at me.

-   You tell me, only I know how much I’ve been struggling to stay in this same table as you-know-who.

-    Voldemort? – I asked playfully.

She punched me and I cried in pain.

-    Ok, ok, I’m sorry! – I said.

-  This is not funny, Rose! I’ve been here hearing all his summer adventures and funny stories and pretending that it doesn’t hurt at all.

-    Well, why don’t you tell your stories too? I mean, you had your fair share of fun, right?

-    Yeah... but I could never brag about that.

-   Well, but I can. – she looked at me confused. – Hey Emma, I totally forgot to ask you how things with that Josh guy went. – I said quite loud so I’d make sure that Louis would hear. He did, and he stopped talking to Harry becoming suddenly very interested in our conversation.

Emma widened her eyes to me and started giving me these no face. I did not give up tough.

-    Didn’t you say he asked you to a festival or something? – I kept my playing act.

She finally gave in and joined me.

-   Yeah, well we ended up not going to the festival, he preferred taking me to this hill where we could still see the fireworks of the festival but it was just a little more, you know... – she looked directly at Louis – private.

I had to control myself not to laugh; Emma was just as ruthless as he deserved her to be. As predicted, Louis got extremely jealous and got up of the long bench.

-    We should start going, professor Sprout does not tolerate delays. – Louis said coldly.

And as soon as he said it, he took off not even waiting for us to go with him. I noticed that Emma wasn’t particularly happy, but wasn’t as devastated as when I first saw her.

When we got up, she grabbed my arm and whispered a “thank you” to me, I smiled in response and that was when I noticed that Harry was watching.

-      What? – I asked him.

-     You’re pure evil, did you know that? – he said trying to hide a smirk.

-   Where the bloody hell did that come from? – I asked not exactly offended but still into character.

-    Oh stop the crap Evans, I saw what you did there.

-    I assure you that I do not know what you’re talking about. And now if you excuse me, as your best mate said, I should not get late to class. – I then made a little switch with my hair and started moving towards the door and I was very impressed with myself since I usually am not that suave and smooth, and I was enjoying it.

So I really hoped that he didn’t see me trip on my own feet ruining my dramatic exit but as I heard him laugh, I knew I had loosen my opportunity. 

Present day

-    So, I understand why you hated Harry, but how come Emma hated Louis? – Dr. Wilson asked, interrupting my storytelling, again.

-    Well, you see, that’s the funny part. They did not hate each other; they were actually pretty in love with each other. -  dr. narrowed me making sure I wasn’t mocking him. – It’s true. The thing is that Emma and Louis kissed right before summer break, and everybody knew that they had a thing for each other, but since Louis is quite the player, he told her that he was afraid that he would hurt her and that he wasn’t ready for a committed relationship. – dr. nodded. – Fair it is to say that Emma was heartbroken.

-   I believe that. Well, all of you are full dramas aren’t you? – he asked, and I could sense a hint of enjoyment.

Hiii roses!! I'm so glad for coming back and seeing all those reads, it's just overwhelming. But I just really need you to tell me what you think of the story because Im kind of walking in the dark here. So go ahead, talk to me and if you like it, vote and share and you'll make a very happy girl.