Chapter 16.

Later September 15th

How to tell your professor that her classes are becoming more tedious than ever

A paper by Rose Evans

As it was stated in the previous sentence, I am here today to give my strong opinion about the fact that Madame Foster’s classes are becoming quite disinteresting trough the years. Now, it is not my intention to offend or to hurt anyone’s feelings, although it may occur in the near future.

The truth is that English classes are a passion of mine ever since I began pre-school, Shakespeare, Jane Austen and even Oscar Wilde are just some of the genius authors that quite bravely came to grow and show their magnificent work in this country of ours, and to be fair, I do not think we are giving them as much attention as they deserve.

If it does help, I did start the paper that you asked and if you wish to see it, I will gladly hand it to you with no purpose of getting it evaluated, but there were reasons with greater strength that prevented me from finishing it. One of those reasons, was the simple fact that I had done this exact some essay on 7th grade (!), now being in 11th grade makes me wonder how have my learning process has progressed.

Lastly, I apologise if I did disrespect your magnificence but maybe in the near future you will slightly change your classes and will never receive a letter like this one ever again. Or maybe the problem is me and I’m just talking nonsense. Either way I hope you do not get me expelled.

A once good student,

Rose Evans.

And the bell rang and I shivered and prayed for her not to force me to read this out loud in front of the whole class. I literally prayed.

I ran back to class and kept thinking of one good reason for what I was about to do. I got in the room and the first thing I saw was that grim smile on Harry’s face and I thought to myself “Oh yeah it will be worth it, no matter what happens next, if I’m going down that smirk of his will come down with me”.

I sat down and Madam Foster asked us to hand her our homework. For a second I thought not giving her anything just waiting for a detention later but then I reminded myself of the triumph I would have when winning over Harry’s arse. So I just breathed in and gave her the paper. The plan was for her to read them while we were bound to read some tale of the mid 60’s. See? This woman needed some change.

I was sweating and shivering and I was sure Harry was about to whisper some joke to me when I got up and asked Madame Foster to let me go to the bathroom. I went and I waited long enough for her to have time to read all the texts.

When I got back, Madame didn’t even look at me. I got closer to my desk and I saw my paper lying on it and a note at the end stating:

“Dear Miss Evans, I must say this was quite a surprise. I’m glad you weren’t here when I read it for I kept this shocking face the whole time. The thing is that I always knew you had it in you, I knew you were a bold and fierce young woman. And here it is. You did your paper and showed me you will be a great writer some day. Now if you’ll be a dear, just pay attention to the rest of the lesson and I promise you, the next will be more interesting. P.s.: you will not be expelled.”

And that was it. I looked up and she was talking about some tale and when she looked at me she winked. Winked! I just literally did this hysterical laugh and covered my mouth right after it.

I quickly wrote “Suck it Styles! You’ll be a great prefect” at the end of professor’s note and hand it over to Harry. I saw his face coming slowly more serious as he went on reading the paper. He then looked at me and mumbled an “No way!”, I showed him my tongue and kept listening to what my now favourite teacher was saying.

I was just so pleased. I made sure to go with Harry to the secretary while he listed himself to be Prefect and because there weren’t any more candidates, he was accepted immediately. Would you look at that? He was so angry and I just kept poking him even more.

I was just so happy, and things got even better when I slammed over James and he just grabbed my hand (yeah, you heard me) apologised to me even though it was my fault and complimented me! He said I was really pretty that day.  I blushed, he smiled and Harry rolled his eyes.

It was just a great day.

Present day

-          I thought you said you were devastated. – dr. said still eating his now 2nd slice of pie.

-          And I was. – I agreed.

-          But you just said you had a great day.

-          If you’d stop interrupting me every 5 seconds maybe you would understand.

He puts his hands up giving on. I smiled and went on.

Later September 15th

It was past 7pm and I was coming home actually giggling with Emma about her dumping some guy who was heating on her. After saying goodbye to her I went home and called out my parents. Following putting my jacket on the coat hanger I noticed these travel bags near the sofa. My dad came out of the kitchen with his uniform on.

-          Dad... dad, what’s going on? Where are you going? – I asked.

-          Oh honey, I’m glad you’re here. I was hoping I would catch you before going away. – he said buttoning the last buttons of his jacket.

-          W-what do you mean going away? I thought you were off duty ‘till next week. - I was trying my best to stay calm.

-          I know love, but they just called me up and they need me first flight tomorrow morning so I have to go right away to get there on time. – he was just casually talking as if nothing happened.

-          B-but I was thinking we could go hiking this weekend you know? Just like old days.

He gave me a sorrowful smile and hoped this would do. I knew he hated when I moped about him leaving because he already hates it so if I cry it out, it just makes it worse.

-          Ok, so when will I see you again? – I asked holding back the tears.

-          In a month, maybe two tops. – he was starting to dress his long coat which he wears when he is going to be in that cold air near the planes.

I nodded clenching my lips.

-          Hum, where’s mum? – I asked.

-          She had to go to the hospital to do double shifts. But don’t worry she left you dinner on the oven.

Of all the things, that was the last I was worried about.

-          Ok, I’m ready. – he said standing up next to his baggage.

And suddenly I remembered him standing that exact way when I was maybe 5 or 6 and how I would have to try my best not to cry and hug him, begging him not to leave. It was still just as hard and I was starting to get tired of that feeling.

-          I have to go now honey, I love you very much. – he passed by me and gave me a long kiss in the forehead and even though my eyes were closed, a tear escaped me. – I’ll miss you.

And then I heard the door close and I felt so... lonely. The thing is that I don’t mind being alone, I think I’m the best company ever. But I don’t stand being lonely, it’s just completely different when you just stand there, looking around, crying without making a sound and then there’s nobody to cheer you up.

Without thinking I just ran up to my room, got a large bag of mine, slammed my pyjamas, my tooth brush, my books and some clothes for the next morning and got down to the living room. I wrote a quick note to my mum, although I doubted it that she would get home that same night, and got out of the house.

I strongly believe there is no teen in the world that rather sleeping in his high school than in its own home. And a sudden urge comes of singing Welcome to my life by Simple Plan.

Hiii so there's 16 chapters up already and if you really like this story, maaaaybe you could show it to me by voting and commenting, han? WHATYA THINK :D anyways, love yah <3