Chapter 12.

September 3rd

So I hadn’t said two words to Harry for the past 3 days and I would be quite satisfied with myself if I wasn’t getting the same silence treatment with James. Whenever he would get even remotely close to me, Marcy would just cut him off and say something like: “James come, Robert and Amy are waiting for us to go get lunch” or “James, would you be a dear and help me carry my books?” and just like that, he would leave me with a “Talk to you later Rose, promise” and there he went, carrying her precious books while I was forced to grab some of my stuff with my own teeth! I hate my karma.

I was eating some great white rice in the dining hall, with Melanie by my side eating hers and writing some notes of her own and despite the good food and good company, I was as happy as a penguin in the desert because in the table right in front was James talking and laughing with Miss Marcy. I admit the girl had a chest the size of my head but how about personality and charisma and kindness? Did she have all that? Puff; blokes these days.

-       Can you please, for the name of God, speak to Harry already? – Emma came slamming her tray in the table.

-        Well, hi to you too. – I said.

She sat in front of me, making me impossible to supervise Mr. James and his mate.

-       I mean it Rose, the boy has given up on trying on you so he comes beg me to help him out. – this got my attention.

-       Really? What did he say? – I asked.

I mean, not that it matter really, but I’ve always had gave him these cold silence treatments a lot of times all up until last year. Yeah, it’s been some months since the last one but shouldn’t he be accustomed to it already?

-       He just kept asking me why the bloody hell wouldn’t you speak to him and I honestly told him that I had no idea. I just promised him that I would try to talk you out of it.

I felt a little bad with myself and I should just have tell him how I felt but in that moment James and his best mates got up, happier than before, and I felt this rage in my chest. I pushed my tray aside and slammed my head in the table.

-         Lord Rose, what are you so mad about anyway? – Melanie asked quite concerned. 

I sighed.

-        Never mind. – I got up. – I’ll talk to you guys later, ok?

I got out just in time, because Harry and his mates had just entered and I was not ready to forgive him yet.

Present day

-        Are you hungry? – Dr. asked me out of nowhere.

-        Hum, yeah kind of. – I said. – What time is it anyway?

I looked at my watch and I realized I’ve been talking for about 2 hours straight.

-        Good lord, I’m so sorry, I can’t believe I’ve been babbling about my life for so long.

He laughed: No need for that, you’re a great storyteller. But I cannot pay attention at any of what comes out of your mouth with my stomach empty.

I agreed.

-   We should go get some lunch don’t you think? There’s a great restaurant nearby. – he said.

I wasn’t 100% sure I wanted to go somewhere so into town. Since the shooting day, the entire town was in sorrow and I would be too if I hadn’t forgotten completely about that day and if I hadn’t closed myself from the out world so I wouldn’t hear anyone. But it just hurts not being able to give them answers that they seek so much. They begged me to tell them everything when I knew nothing, I get it that they were just trying to give sense to all of that but there just wasn’t any sense. So Dr. Wilson just had to understand when I said:

-       I really don’t think that’s a good idea. I should just probably go home. –and suddenly I became really depressed.

But he grabbed my arm and put it around his and we kept walking.

-        Tell me, what are you so afraid of? – he asked calmly.

I sighed. I told him how the first day I got out of the hospital people came straight to me begging me for answers that I didn’t have and how that panicked me. There were journalists and the so called “experts” bombing me with theories and thoughts about things that I didn’t even remembered experiencing.

-     When they first told me that there’d been a shooting in our school, I automatically remembered the sound of a shot and I literally just blocked it. I pushed it away and I haven’t been able to take it back ever since.

We kept walking away from the woods and I was starting to see the park again and it was hauntingly empty now.

-       Rose, I will not tell you how you must live your life, but you have to admit that whatever happened that day, you were tough and strong and no matter what people tell you, you were and are very brave. –my eyes started to fill. – But you are not being that person now. And I need you to be. This town needs you to be and Harry, he definitely needs you to be.

We got out of the woods and were now in the path of the park.

I nodded and had to bring my hand up to cover my mouth so I wouldn’t make a sound while crying. He put his arm around my shoulders and rubbed it.

-      Come now, when it comes to matters of the heart, there’s nothing that Mary’s rice won’t heal. 

      Tanaa! Another chapter is up. I cannot believe we're almost with 500 reads, it's crazy! Thank you for keeping up with my story and again: PLEAAASE, vote and/or comment, I just really wish I'd know your opinions. <3