Chapter 20

Night September 21st

I got to the dorm 14B and I was making as low sound as possible, I even took off my shoes so the wood wouldn’t bale me out. But after taking two steps into our shared room, the lights went on and I heard:

-          Well, well, well... what do we have here? – Harry was seated on the armchair, staring directly at me.

-          Jesus Harry, you scared me! W-what are you doing here? – I asked confused and irritated.

-          What does it look like I’m doing? I was waiting for you to come back safe and sound. – he said as if it was obvious.

-          But why? And did you really just move the armchair from its place so you could do this little Godfathers’ scene?

-          Yes I did, and I regret nothing. Anyway, what do you mean “why”, I care about you. – he got up.

-          Sure, ok, but it wasn’t like I was going to war or anything, I went on a date with a bloke from your swimming team. – I said.

-          Well, you might as well have gone to war. I don’t trust the guy. – he said stubbornly.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk towards my room.

-          Yeah all right. – I wasn’t with patience to a male stupid fight over a sport - I’m going to change. Our round is not schedule until one hour so I’m going to enjoy my time and rest, which you should have done while I was away.

I entered my room and before closing my door, I heard him shout:

-          He has a small weiner, so to you know... Not that you’re interested in his dick.–he paused- Are you? – and he seemed anxious at this last question.

I just closed the door. This boy was mental.

(1 hour) Later September 21st

We’d been wondering around school for twenty minutes now, and Harry hadn’t stop interrogating me about my date.

-          But seriously though Rose, I’ve seen you throw a basket ball through the entire pitch and you needed his help to play bowling? – he narrowed me not very friendly.

I was a little embarrassed but said:

-          So what? You can’t talk much; I’ve seen you do some ridiculous things to impress girls. Remember that time you jumped over the lake bridge, shirtless? Tell me how that isn’t more desperate than to lower your abilities at playing bowling.

Nice come back, Rose. I usually only remember the perfect response almost half an hour later.

-          It’s different! First, there was more than just one girl watching, there were a bunch of them! And second, I did not make myself dumber to impress them. I was just that impressive. – he responded.

-          How in the bloody hell is throwing yourself at a lake from such high place is not being dumb? You could have died! – I said exasperated.

-          Fine. You know what? I don’t want to talk about it anymore; I won’t let him ruin my Friday night. – I nodded confident. – It’s not like you kissed the guy or anything.

Oh boy. I clenched my lips and looked down. He noticed.

-          Rose! – he stopped in the middle of the corridor. – I cannot believe you kissed him! - he was in shock and slightly angry.