Chapter 26.2: Let's PLAY

***

Pagkatalikod ko nakita ko si Sharlyn. I ran towards her way, and hugged her. Ang init nya. Di bale na, kaya na naman nya yata 'to eh.

"It's a good thing you're okay." sabi ko. Showing a little care.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss this opportunity." umupo na siya sa harapan ng salamin at nagsimula nang mag-ayos.

"Sige. Iwan na muna kita." I smiled and left.

/KENNETH'S PERSPECTIVE

This is it! This is the time.

But, one problem. There's no Juliet? I heard that Sharlyn's having hard time because of her burning fever. That's a shocker.

Light bulb.

If Sharlyn's not present, then Kathy will be forced to Juliet's part. >:D She's, infact, the understudy. Or so I think she is. Another thing, if she'll play the part. I won't hesitate to do one thing. I know she'll get furious, but at the end of the day I know she'll be mild again.

This may sound weird, but I really do like her. I'm making a move. I sure hope that she won't be dense, but get a sight of everything I'll do instead. And I'll really start today, o'course I already started, but today's the start of an Epic Move.

Someone knocked.

"Hey man!" it's James. "Less then two minutes until curtain. Mag-ayos ka na." I nodded and he left.

Is the butterflies in your stomach a gay thing? Because if it is, then I would consider myself one. Kidding! I won't dare to deny. I'm experiencing it, maybe because of excitement and at the same time nervous. I took a deep breath before heading outside the dressing room. It's half of the school population that will be watching us. I don't know what's gotten into our English teacher that she invited that many students to watch.

Before I closed the door, I heard my cellphone rung. I hadn't got the chance to answer the call or what because someone already grabbed me away and lead me towards the back stage.

"Hoy Kenneth! Ayusin mo ha? Better treat your Juliet nice. Hihihihi." Eril winked.

"Yeah, whatever man." I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Man ka dyan! TSS! Sinisira mo ang pagkababae ko!" and then he faked a sob.

"Shh." I pretended to care, though I know it looked like we're fooling around. He's fun. "You're gorgeous." I'm trying my best not to burst out my laugh.

"Ewan ko sayo! Basta ha? Sige, good luck papa Kenneth. Hihihi." he walked away.

***

It's now our part.

I did not look the whole first scenes. I still haven't seen Kathy in Juliet's costume. I bet she's really gorgeous in it, there's no doubt.

I entered the stage. Spot light on me.

I am now reaching for Juliet's hand, and there's no way I can mess this one up. No way, dude!

Act Two, scene two; Capulet's Orchard...

"...see, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that cheek!"

Here I am, in front of hundreds of people. I'm already used to this kind of thing because of my concerts and everything, but this seemed to be a lot more different. My knees are wobbling in not-so obvious way, I cannot utter words the way I did on rehearsals, I cannot look straight through the crowd. Am I THIS nervous? Oh, God.