Chapter 43: His Side

***

/KENNETH'S PERSPECTIVE  

I guess people in the Philippines are now curious of my whereabouts now. I'm sorry Kathy. I just cannot decline my producer's threat. He said that if I don't come back in L.A he will announce that death had caught me. How rude is that?! Psh.  

I asked manager Louie for help but he's out of L.A and he guessed that he couldn't change the decision of that hypocrite producer of mine. He knew that I'd gone for Phil because of Tricia. Ugh! She did something that I could never forgive. Never even when the night stars fall.  

So leaving for Los Angeles was the finality. I was with my cousin Max. And to my surprise, he didn't even want to go back either. I guess I've got one on my side. 

When we got home, I immediately called Louie and forgot about the awful jet lag.  

"Can't you do something about this?!" I half-yelled. I just want to go back.  

"Sorry Jake. I... I—"  

"I don't want to hear that Jake Flynn anymore! It svcks alright!"  

I really am was born as Kenneth Verge. Jake Flynn is just my screen name. Why Jake? Because my real full name is Kenneth Jake Verge.  

But since I got involved in this chaotic society, I forced my parents to permanently remove Jake in my real name. Just in case.  

"Calm down. I'm on my way back."  

"Just when?!"  

"I'm on my way to the airport to check out date flights. I'll send you a message as soon as I know. I'll hung up."  

"Alright."  

"Wait Jake!" that stopped me from hanging up. "Don't talk to anyone just yet. Be careful with your moves, especially with Tricia. Right, got to go."  

And it was him who ended the call.  

"Just bllsh.t!" I cussed loudly. I'm really furious this time. The second time I cussed this hard. Memories came flashing by. I remembered when Kathy got bumped by a car, and that psycho. I even cooked that time just for her. I miss her.  

"Hey man! What's up?" Max  

I just rolled my eyes and sat beside him on the couch. Mom and dad aren't here. And my brother is probably hanging out with his friends.  

"Dude talk."  

But I still ignored him.  

"Fine!" he ignored me as well in return and faced himself on his iPad.  

Really, I want to go back! What if that WEIRD GUY had already made a move to Kathy? So what's my chance now? Ugh.  

I really am Unlucky. Could I use some help Cupid? Tsk. Gay thing! I never knew I believed in that. Surely I'm desperately depressed.  

"Pffft~!" Max. He's trying to conceal his laughter.  

I smacked his shoulder hard. "What're you doing?!"  

"Hah—Nothing." then he grinned.  

"Yeah. Right. Spit!"  

He acted really as if he'll going to spit on me. I pushed his head away by my index finger at his forehead.  

"Shut up! Dude. If you're playing your own self-proclaimed stupid love game spiel, stop it. Okay? A brotherly advice."  

"More like a shitty one." he rolled his eyes heavenwards. "Don't you want someone's happiness? Tss. Mind your own business!"