Meeting Prt 2 (Paul/Newt/TBS)💜

-Paul-

My best friend had dragged me to some party. At someone's mom's house. I rubbed my forehead as we walked up the stairs. Everyone here was drunk and I knew this was going to be bad. Very bad.

Self conscious and awkward, I tugged at my knee length red dress and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I shot a look at Genevieve, the friend who had done the dragging. She grinned, rolling her eyes. "Come on, Hun! Lighten up." She groaned, throwing a little fit that was more cute than annoying. Arguing with her wasn't worth it. I'd already lost the debate, and that's why I was here. Didn't stop me from rolling my eyes as I begrudgingly let her pull me inside though. A red head woman greeted me. She talked on and on about her son and his band. I tuned her out. Genny jumped in about said band and singing and blah blah blah. Nothing important that pulled my attention any.

Until the red headed woman asked a certain question. "Do either of you sing?"

My head popped up, scared Genny would spill. My friend, ever mischievous and ready to brag, looked at me and smiled devilishly. "I don't." The red head didn't miss the exchange between us as I shot Genny a withering look.

The woman turned to me. "Do you?" She asked, grinning and excited at the prospect.

Nervousness bubbled in me, but I pushed it aside. I wasn't one to be too out there about my hidden talents. Stress on hidden. To answer her, I smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Not very well..." I shrugged, wringing my wrists with my fingers. Already I felt sweaty. Please don't ask please don't ask please don't-

She didn't ask. She grabbed my arm, tugging gently as he giggled. "Oh come on! Let's try it. Just for fun?" She practically begged.

My eyes shot to Genny to ask for help but my best friend wouldn't be giving any. I let myself get dragged again as the woman pulled me after her, leading me into what seemed to be a living room. "Um. Okay." I regretted coming even more now as Genny disappeared behind us in the crowd - the only person here I even knew. She gave an excited wave and I shot her the millionth glare of the night and I saw her laugh before she vanished from sight completely.

The woman motioned to the couch and I sat as she went to retrieve something, coming back just a second later. "Do you know how to play?" She asked, holding up a guitar. I nodded shyly. She handed it to me and sat down, waiting. Everyone around us bustled around, oblivious. I shrugged and pulled the guitar into my lap as I found the right places for my fingers, blocking out everyone and everything around me, getting lost as I focused on the beautiful instrument. No strangers. No crowd. Just me and the guitar and the music.

As easily as it always came, I instantly knew exactly what to sing. "Wise men say, 'Only fools rush in.' But I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love with you..." Once I saturated singing, the blocking out became all too easy. I lost myself in the music, closing my eyes and strumming. My fingers played the cords without my brain having to think about it. It was natural. "Like a river flows, surely to the sea; darling so it goes- Some things are meant to be."

I didn't register immediately but somewhere, something in the back of my brain told me that someone sat next to me. And they were singing too. "Take my hand. Take my whole life too. Cause I can't help falling in love with you. Cause I can't help falling in love with you..." My fingers let the last cords go and I finally looked away from my guitar, coming back to reality. It was silent and everyone was looking at me. My throat closed and I stared, horrified. Then the silence broke and everyone applauded me. A boy with dark hair and blue eyes winked at me and I looked away. My stomach twisted. His smirk and the way he stood and how his eyes ran down me.... No. His effort was admirable though. Disgusting, but admirable, as I was a person who made it very clear by everything I did that I was not to be trifled with. Really nice try though.

Thinking of the voice from earlier, I looked to my right. He was a boy too. He was paler but cute. He had dark hair slicked to the side. He looked at me like he was looking at gold. His expression and the intensity of the attention from the audience and finally registering the sound of his voice and the feeling of us singing together all hit me at once and I blushed. Strange. Boys did not get me to blush often. If... if ever.

Everyone left and the red head went to the black haired boy and they chatted. I could tell they were mother and son by their body language. The determined mother and the flirty son. What a duo. Movement caught my eye as the boy to my right held out a hand. I looked over, still feeling a bit shy. "McCartney. Paul McCartney." He introduced.

Our eyes met for real and my walls that served to guard and protect me shook as my intrigue towards this Paul McCartney rose to overpower them. I found myself responding well. I laughed, taking it. "Linda," I returned softly.

"Linda..." He smiled wider, his eyes drinking me in. It was a nice feeling, being under his gaze. Not at all like how the brunette with the blue eyes had looked at me before. Not like how any man had ever looked at me. I didn't feel uncomfortable or objectified or nervous. Under Paul's gaze, I smiled and my body warmed and I felt myself relaxing. It was like a spotlight had been shone on me, in a full room, but Paul seemed to be the only one who noticed. It was... nice. "Nice to meet you."

For the first maybe ever in my life, I was genuine when I responded to this boy I didn't know well with a, "Likewise."