In The Ring

This idea was inspired by xstarryhyles story so check out her TBS imagines cause they're AMAZEBALLLLLS

Here goes nothing!

--------

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

I stood up, waiting for my opponent to stand too. My coach gave me some last ditch tips. This was my first fight. I took a step towards my opponent and we touched gloves, acknowledging each other. The bell rang and we started circling each other. Okay, Y/n, I think. Foot forward. Punch NOW. Okay good. Duck! Side step. I repeated moves in my head to help me focus and got some really solid punches in every few moves.

The girl smirked at me. "So your boyfriend's here, huh?" She sneered. I fought the urge to look. I knew he wasn't. It had gotten out right before my fight that I even had a boyfriend. Thomas was busy tonight with filming. It made sense he couldn't come to my first fight... Whatever. There would be more.

I stayed calm and smirked back at her, keeping my eyes trained. "He didn't come. I know that."

She barked a laugh. "So he's not your boyfriend. I could have sworn... Hm." She winked at whoever she thought was Thomas and I fought the urge to look again. What if it WAS Thomas? It bugged me that she was flirting, even if it wasn't him, like I wasn't important.

Keep. Calm.

I took a deep breath out and swung, nailing her right in the stomach. She stumbled back and coughed. She fumbled but stood, glaring at me. I took the second of her stumbling to look. It WAS Thomas. Our eyes met and he smiled sheepishly like "surprise!" And I smiled as I turned back to her. "So he did come," I said nonchalantly. Inside, I was bubbling. He came! He actually came! He'd been so busy and I'd been training so hard. It had bugged me that he wasn't coming, but he did!

"I can see your excitement in your eyes. Like a girl who's daddy came to her recital after he missed everything else in her life. Like a girl with a dead beat dad." Her mouth opened wide, a mocking smile on her lips as she seemed to realize something she thought was brilliant. "Dead beat boyfriend."

My dad was a dead beat dad. My jaw clenched and my muscles all tightened. "Shut. Up," I growled.

Her eyes slit, finding my weakness. "Was your daddy a dead beat?" She sneered. My eyes flashed to Thomas. He was close. Could he hear? Crap... His face looked tight and worried. I couldn't tell if he didn't want me to get punched, could tell I was off, or could just hear what she was saying and wanted to punch her himself. "Dead beat daddy turned into dead beat boyfriend. Guess your kids won't have a dad either. If you even have him that long. He might leave you when he finds out you can't have sex as well as he thought," she sneered. I blushed hard, my eyes going wide. I was insecure about myself. I thought Thomas would leave me all the time and I realized now that I should have had my insecurities checked at the door when I got into the ring.

"Gonna fight me with your fists or your mouth?" I sneered. "Cause if you don't use your fists soon, I'm gonna mess up that pretty little mouth of yours."

Her eyes went wide. "Good job," she mocked.

"Well, at least I have a boyfriend," I said smugly. "I'm sure an ugly whore like you couldn't." I was angry. I wanted to punch her but something held me back.

"I'd rather have no boyfriend then a boyfriend that didn't care about me," she said quietly.

I lost it. I punched her right in the face and she went down. I straddled her and it all went red. My vision, my gloves, her face...

Someone was prying me off but I still wanted to hit her more.

"Calm. Down! Or you'll be disqualified!" The ref shouted.

I stood and looked around. Everyone was staring at me open mouthed. I looked over and saw Thomas' face. Shocked. Fearful.

I looked down at my gloves and then stormed out of the ring. Tears sprung to my eyes. My first fight was probably my last.

I went into the changing room and washed off my gloves. There was a punching bag in the corner and I looked at it a long time before turning off the water and walking over. I hit it softly at first, but then all the anger came back. My stance solidified and I began hitting it, picturing the girl's face there. Harder, harder.

Suddenly there were arms around me and I spun around. I would have punched Thomas in the face if I hadn't stopped myself-with the help of Thomas' hand.

"Th-Thomas!" I said, startled.

He looked upset. His hand fell and so did mine. I looked on his eyes, worried what he would say. He'd be mad. I'd gone way too far. He would be mad at me. Maybe...

Maybe he'd break up with me because I was obviously bombarded with anger problems. He didn't need to deal with that in his already full life. He needed a girlfriend to keep him happy, not a girlfriend he had to worry about beating the life out of someone and ruining his reputation.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

I bit my lip. "Yeah," I whispered.

"No. You aren't." He kissed me softly and my body immediately relaxed. He caught me as my knees buckled. He let us slowly sink to our knees as I began sobbing.

"It's okay, Love," he said soothingly. "It's okay."

I calmed down after a second and finally leaned back, looking up at him. "Are you going to make me stop boxing?" I asked.

"No," he said. "But you need to learn to control and channel your anger. I want to help you, Y/n. I don't want you to hurt other people because someone hurt you. Okay? Can you promise me that?"

I nodded. "Okay."

He hugged me a little tighter and kissed my forehead.

"I love you," he whispered.

I smiled. "I love you too."

"Now, let's go get ready to beat some sissy girls for your next fight, yeah?" He whispered.

I laughed. "Okay."