Best Friends or Lovers?💜

A/n: NOT what you think. I haven't seen this at all, but someone might have done it... Idk... YOLO? Lol

I leaned against his chest, our fingers intertwined

I leaned against his chest, our fingers intertwined. "I love you," I whispered softly. He was warm and soft and it was easy to get lost in how it felt to be near him.

"I love you too," he responded just as tenderly. Just as sincerely. I fell asleep, his heart beat in my ear. I woke up the next morning, feeling secure in his arms. Thomas and I had been dating four years and every second was amazing. That's how it always was when Thomas was home. We were together and it was amazing and we were in love...

Except recently. His best friend Isabelle and he had been really close since they were younger. They played in a few movies together and they had been hanging out a lot recently and it seemed only clear to me that Isabelle totally had a thing for him.

He spent a lot of time with her, actually. Lunches. Early breakfasts when he had to go film and I couldn't come, or he didn't want to wake me that early. Dinners, sometimes, when I worked late. Not gonna lie, I read fan fiction before I dated Thomas. As a fellow lonely girl, I took comfort in it. I'd read story after story where the hot guy was in love with his best friend and she loved him and he realizes he loves her more than his current girlfriend and they break up. I'd read stories where the girlfriend had been a bitch, or done something bad to whoever they story was about, so that's ultimately why they broke up. But I'd also read ones that the girlfriend did nothing major, the hot guy just wanted his best friend more than his girlfriend.

I'd never, not once, thought of the girlfriend's feelings as I'd read, squealing as the two best friends got together. Now here we were, and I was her.

I made eggs and pancakes and when they were done, I put them on two plates and left them out on the counter. I leaned into my palms, bent against the counter, as I glared at my food, thinking. 'I love you'. He said it so easily. So sincerely. Did he mean it? He'd been blowing me off for Isabelle a lot recently. Did he still want me? He seemed so interested in her.

At first it hadn't bothered me. I understood having a best friend. But recently, the media kept talking about how coupley they were. Everyone shipped them and I had kind of become the middle man in the way of girls' OTP across the globe. I didn't know if Thomas noticed, but it had put a strain on our relationship that he didn't even try to kill the rumors or shut people up. He just... Let it all happen.

Had I done something wrong? Had I not done something? Maybe it was just all in my head and I was imagining the whole thing? I mean, it was completely reasonable that Thomas hung out with Isabella. They were co-stars on a popular show together. Even then, their characters didn't have a lot to do with each other, and they had no interest in each other. Isabella's character was actually into Phineas, Thomas' character, Ferb's, brother. I mean, I guess it didn't matter what their characters did though.  They were in a kids' show anyway, and voiced cartoons characters, so no amount of logical thinking could mean anything. So Isabella voiced someone who liked another character... There was no personal connection in that. No physical attraction. But Thomas and Isabella hung out in the real world, beside just the show. They had real-world time. Characters in a show didn't mean anything in the real world anyway.