Pillow Fight (Thomas) 💜

We were driving home, holding hands. Thomas squeezed and I looked at him, smiling. He was looking at me too, a huge grin on his face. "What?" I asked.

Shrugging, he bit his lip as he looked over at me, grinning widely. "I- you'll see." He responded vaguely.

Quirking an eyebrow, I tried to pry something out of him but he stubbornly focused ahead. "I'm scared," I teased.

His smile dropped and he looked over. "You never have to be scared of me," he said seriously. That sent shivers up my spine. I blushed and looked at the window the rest of the way home. Once there, we pulled in and Thomas glared at me to stay out as he went out, going around to open my door. He offered me his hand and hoisted me out when I took it. The second I was on my feet, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer by my midriff. Our eyes locked as I went to look up, startled, at him.

He closed his eyes and slowly - ever so slowly - brought his lips to mine. It was a long, slow, passionate kiss. Nothing moved but our lips and heads, which only tilted. "I'm so completely in love with you," he whispered.

Blushing, I smiled. "I believe that it is strange, to be so young yet understand love so absolutely." He smiled too as I continued. "I guess I'm just lucky."

A sigh slipped from him. "I love how you tell me you love me," he hummed.

I shrugged, sighing contently through my nose. "We both have a special way with words. It's what makes our conversations so meaningful. 'I love you' is an overused phrase. 'I understand love because of you' is not. And Thomas, if I do know love, I learned it through loving you."

Warmth that was sweet and comforting flowed between us and he kissed me again before leaning back. He took my hand and walked into the house, both of us smiling. We did not have to tell each other we loved each other - we spoke through actions, not just pretty words. He was not just my lover, but my best friend.

We slipped inside and changed into more comfortable clothing for bed. I was fluffing my pillow because I didn't quite want to sleep yet... even though I didn't really know how to fluff a pillow. "Darling, what are you doing?" Thomas asked me.

"I'm fluffing my pillow," I answered in the same tone. We often spoke to each other as an old married couple. We did not fight, though we often had intellectual debates, calmly.

Thomas leaned against the entry way, an amused smile on his face. "I believe you're killing your pillow."

I looked at him mischievously. We may be mature, but there was always times to... Not be. "Dear, would you do me a favor?"

He stood straight, eyes widening as he readied himself to be helpful. "Of course. What do you need?" He asked.

Twisted my body, I smacked him hard with the pillow. "I believe it's now perfectly fluffed," I conclude, adding a firm nod. He grabbed a pillow and started stalking towards me. My eyes went wide. "Thomas, Thomas dear. You wouldn't hurt a lady would you? You wouldn't hit me with a pillow?" I force reasoned quickly, walking back slowly, holding my hands out. He smiled evilly and swung the pillow, hitting me softly enough not to hurt me but hard enough to make a 'puff' sound.

My mouth opened wide as I returned his devious grin. "That's it! It's on!" I grabbed my pillow again and it was full out war. We ran around the house, chasing each other with fluffy white pillow in our pajamas. Like I said. My best friend.

"Come here!" I called, out of breath, trying to get a hit in. "It's no fair! You've just got done with Maze Runner training!" I complained.

He laughed. "Run run as fast as you can. You can't catch me - I'm Superman." He laughed again as we turned a corner and we ran into the wall, pushing off to launch ourselves forward - him, away from me; me, after him. He raced back upstairs to our room and I followed right behind him, getting faster as I warmed up.

In our room, I finally tackled him, pinning him to the bed. "Ha!" I hollered.

Thomas was laughing, barely able to speak. "You got me! You got me! Do with me what you must then release me you devil! I have love to return to at home!" He exclaimed dramatically, impersonating how he would act in a Shakespearean play.

Accepting the challenge, I took up the rod and returned back with a dramatic of my own. "Oh dear fellow! What you do not know? I am the love you left! I have come to tease you and torture you in silly ways for leaving me at home without your presence!"

He faux gasped, wide eyes on me. "Temptress, don't tease. It's not a funny matter. I miss my love so."

Discarding my pillow, I leaned close to him. "I would never joke about loving you, dear sir. It's a matter far too serious," I whispered.

Our noses brushed and he melted into the bed. "A matter so serious must be true?" He asked, tone warm and hopeful but serious at the same time.

A sigh passed out of me as I tilted my head. "Indeed. My love for you is as pure as it is true." I kissed his nose. "And how I have missed you when you were away..." I laid my head on his chest, sighing again but this time in sync with him.

He leaned up, kissing me briefly. "I miss you too." He pulled me down and to the side so that we lay side by side, flush against each other and tangled up together.

We cuddled until he fell asleep. The vibrations tickled my chest as he snores ever so quietly, and I laughed. "Dear? Wake up."

Tired and still half asleep, he hummed, "Hm?"

My butt was on the edge and we were in an awkward position. Not where we usually slept. "I can't move you to our spot and you're laying across the whole bed."

His voice was husky, already sexy and heavy with sleep. "Mh. Okay..." He crawled to his pillow and I lay on mine, pulling the blanket over both of us.

He pulled me into his chest after reaching behind him to turn off the light. "Tomorrow may part us, but in this moment it is but you and me. And I would not change it for the world," he mumbled, kissing my forehead.

A blissful smile rested on my face. Poetry. Pure poetry. "Good night, my love." I snuggled in closer and we both fell asleep, once again tangled in each other.