Never (Thomas)💜

Falling a bit behind the pair, I walked down the long corridor, a little blue. Isabelle and Thomas were on the room, being lovey dovey and cutesy. It made me sick. Why? Well, I love him. I really do.

What could be worse than the agonizing torture of love?

Sam was so right in that movie. Little Thomas didn't understand the amazing things he was saying as Sam. Love really was agonizing. Love Actually captured the pain and struggle and chaos... absolutely. Perfectly. The way he brushed her hair behind her ear. The way she light up and laughed at his jokes. The way they had everything that I so craved. The way SHE had everything I so yearned for. Seeing it but not having it made me burn and ache. Unable to hide my agony, I stayed far behind them, falling further and further back. Thomas shot me a distracted look every once in a while to make sure I was still following, but he probably figured I was giving them space to be a couple. Which I was. But not in the wingman 'go get em' Thomas!' kind of way he thought.

When I was far enough back to be considered a separate party from the glowing couple, I was distracted from watching them (and otherwise trying NOT to watch them) when someone tapped me on the shoulders. I looked up, humming a response. I didn't know the girl. She was a brunette with blue eyes and porcelain skin. She glowered at me.

Unsure what her problem was, I was instantly shy. "H-hello," I greeted, pausing.

Her face contorted further. "Hi," she spat back.

"Who are you?" I asked. Why had she stopped me? To glare? In my line of sight, so that I would know she hated me? What had I done to her?

This question seemed to fuel her more. She crossed her arms, popping a hip. "Doesn't matter," She seethed, making me flinch. "The question is who are YOU?"

Hesitant, I went to answer the question. My mistake. "Y/n-"

She stepped forward, shoving her finger in my chest to enunciate the first word. "You are a nobody." I stumbled back, shocked and overwhelmed at her attack right when I was most vulnerable, watching the man I loved be with another girl. She sneered, "What? You think you can crush their happiness because you're his friend?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Confusion totally hit me and I relaxed a bit. No way she meant me. "I'm sorry I think you have me confused with someone else," I told her, turning away.

"Thomas and Isabelle are perfect! They don't need you ruining them from the inside!" She continued, making sure I knew she knew who I was.

Turning back to her, I took on some attitude of my own. "Um. I'm not ruining anyone from the inside," I said, getting defensive.

The girl rolled her eyes again, acting as if I was the one being accusatory and demanding and rude. "You're in love with him and you're not doing anything?" She rhetorically demanded, mocking me. "All of a sudden you're everywhere with him, laughing and talking. Taking him away for her. Pictures everywhere. Posts about him. People ship you two. Does that make you happy? Leave him alone!"

My pride flared. I was many things but after so long of suffering in silence and letting my best friend be happy despite my misery, I would NOT tolerate this. "Excuse me, but Thomas is his own person! I cannot make him do anything."

We were close again. Probably pulling eyes but I didn't care. I wasn't standing for this. All my emotions fired and boiled over and all I could see was red. "You can poison him! Pin him against her!" She spat accusingly.

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are!" She screamed.

"Hey hey! What's going on here?" It was Thomas, running up. My anger melted away instantly and I moved to his side, breathing deeply and reigning in my emotions, putting Thomas between us and hiding from the accuser. I felt the girl's eyes on me and I looked away. Was this considered a romantic thing? Was I tempting him? No way.