Liar Liar (Thomas) 💜

Thomas and his girlfriend, Y/n, were getting interviewed. Thomas played Newt on a big time movie called the Maze Runner. You probably knew that, though. Most people did. What you probably didn't know is that James Dashner, the author of the previously-book-now-turned-movie, came across a well written fan fiction, and decided to allow the author of the story he loved to develop it into a movie, the two working side by side to collaborate on the final outcome. Although this was a momentous happening in the Maze Runner fan-girl-dom, many others - even quite a few in the fandom - did not know it existed. It was quite successful, though, just not as much as it was expected. Not a flop, but not exactly up to expectation.

In the spin off story, Y/n plays the main character Maggie, who is a supernatural creature who is immune to the mind-wipe serum. She grows up and falls in love with Newt, and him, her. She ends up getting sent to the Glade and starts to create riots and chaos, throwing the trials off their kilter - before the people controlling the experiment kill her. Her death has such an effect on everyone that Newt attempts suicide. Only after they mind swipe anyone and everyone in the Glade who knew anything about her at all, erasing her from their minds, right before Thomas comes up, does everything go back to plan. Now, after the movie had finally gotten out and over with - it was two movies, breaking the pattern of the popular three or more book series everyone was used to - Y/n and Thomas were here, doing what famous actors and actresses did after their movies ended: getting interviewed.

"How was it, playing love interests before everything rolled down?" The interviewer asked.

"It was really cool, for me at least," Y/n began. She was American, but had taken on a Scottish accent she wasn't too proud of but everyone loved for the role of Maggie. "I mean, we'd met before when I was significantly less famous and he'd just gotten out of relationship that first meet, but I was head over heels even before I met him." She giggled. "I'm no fan girl-" She winked, since it had been a long running joke that she had been THE fan girl, since she had not only written a fan fiction for her celebrity-book crush, but also written it well enough that the author of the original series had been driven to make a movie out of it. "Honestly, I mainly just admired and look up to Thomas and all he'd one." She got more serious here. "Jokes aside, It was very... surreal to get to work with him on such a one-on-one level."

Thomas smiled. "She's an amazing actress," he spoke up as the interviewer looked over at him. "I did have to help her develop her accent a bit but by the time we started it was great! She was super dedicated and flexible and it was actually fun to work with her. She fit right in with the rest of the cast as well. It was great to get some Theresa at the beginning of the movie, and the healthy relationship between Theresa and Thomas before it all went to chaos."

"A lot of fans loved that," the interviewer agreed.

"Understandably," Y/n chuckled. "Seeing the dynamic between the two was definitely a little sneak peak insider that I absolutely loved. They take out that romance part in the movie, but they got to slip it in there before hand. The way they went, Theresa and Thomas forgot their prior romance but still had those feelings, which they obviously didn't act on later in the movies. It was an interesting perspective. The romance was there, obviously, but not acted on. Some fans were disappointed to see the Thomas and Theresa romance be as much of an unimportant, glazed over plot point as it was."

"So, it was a point for the fans?" The interviewer prompts.

"Oh yeah," Y/n finalizes. Thomas nods in agreement.

The interviewer raises a sly eyebrow, a smirk on her lips. "I do have to ask, though, when did the movie chemistry make it's way over to the real world?" Both Y/n and Thomas blushed horribly, sounds of nervous chuckles and sheepish coughs filling the room, supported by a lack of an answer, all actions which made the interviewer smile even wider. "Well?" She added, leaning forward a bit.

"Like I said, I'd really always had a huge crush on Thomas. Being professional, I stifled those feelings, but... Well, when we did the on screen kiss, we had to do it multiple times. The first few times were because we were both flustered, since we both liked each other and were keeping it a secret - if from no one except each other. Cliche type stuff." She shrugged. "But then later it was: the sound was off, the camera was blurry, someone-" She fake coughed, jokingly and ever so slightly masking the word as she said the name, "Dylan." The interviewer and Thomas laughed. "Sorry, excuse me." She pretended to 'get rid of the cough', giving a little break for some laughter before going back into her story, focusing again. She was good at that- cracking jokes on the side but still reorienting things so they returned to where they began and got where they needed to be to complete things. It had come in handy a lot while filming with so many goofballs at once. "Anyway, someone laughed or made kissy noises - EVERYTHING!" The focused broke again as everyone was laughing now.

"After the kiss...es," Thomas smiled wider. "After that I had to ask her on a date. She said yes. Then things took off from there." He shrugged.

"You know it wasn't always promising though," Y/n chimed in. Thomas looked over at her, half amused and half confused. "He once told me that I had no chance."

"I never said that you liar!" Thomas accused, eyes wide.

"Did too!" Y/n interjected. Her and the interviewer were laughing, but Thomas was still grinning, if quite confused.

Thomas shifted in his chair, raising an eyebrow. "When?" He demanded.

Smiling to herself, Y/n rose a flirty eyebrow, smirking deviously. Thomas rose an eyebrow in worry. "Well, you see," She began. The interviewer got ready for her story. "Before I even admitted that I was totally and completely head over heels for Mr. Thomas Sangster, we went out as a group and everyone got raging drunk. KiHong and I didn't only because someone had to drive and someone had to help, but Thomas did." Y/n beamed as Thomas paled, mouth wide in horror. What had he said?! "You were all over me, flirting horribly and drunkenly. It was wonderful. After I told you that you were drunk and wouldn't remember any of it in the morning, less likely s to prepare myself after what you were saying had taken affect on me. While trying not feel like an idiot once you'd realized what you said, I told you that to brush you off and you told me I didn't have a chance anyway because you were Mama Noot, spelled N-O-O-T, Ruler of the Glade, married to Minoh." Thomas hurried his face as the interviewer doubled over, Y/n having to raise her voice so she could continue the story. "The fan girls had it right, and you didn't have to deal with me anyway." Y/n sat back, smirking, as Thomas fell in a fit of groans and the interviewer laughed herself sick. The interview was over soon after that. No one could top that story.

Later that night, after the interview, Thomas pulled Y/n into his chest and kissed her neck. She smiled, folding her arms on top of his, which rested on her stomach, and looked to the side, as if to inquire the sudden show of affection. Not that she was complaining. Who would? "I'm glad this movie happened," he whispered in her ear. "I'm glad I met you."

She smiled. "I love you, Thomas Brodie Sangster." Thomas chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"I love you too, my Maggie. Forever and always."