Whats Best? (The Luka State)💜

A/n: Giving some characters a name. Other than that, I'm just taking the video and expounding on it to make a longer story :) Thomas' character is named 'Aaron' and Stephanie-Jane's I've named 'Hannah'. Enjoy!

-

The door opened slowly and my spirits fell as I took in Hannah's appearance. She was ragged, clothes worn and looking thinner than usual. Her hair tied up in a messy bun and her face so faded with exhaustion it caused pain in my chest to see. Her lip jutted and shook, her face scrunching as she held back tears. The second my arms began to raise, she jetted into my embrace, wrapping her arms so tightly around me I felt caged and unable to breathe. I didn't pull back though. Instead, I held her in return, one of my hands around her back and the other smoothing down her hair soothingly.

After a second, I looked around to see if anyone was watching before I shuffled us into her apartment, closing the door. I had to practically drag her to the bed but once we got there it was easy to get her to lay down and cuddle with me. I'd known Aaron since we were kids, but since he and Laura had their thing, we'd become less and less like best friends. Then he'd broken up with her and it had been a hard transition into being single. We became friends again then. Once he was out and about, though, he soon found another girl. I'm not surprised, really. Aaron was never one to be single for long. It was Hannah that really brought us back to being best friends though. She took a liking to me and started to lean on me as a best friend as she never had with anyone else. With the growing friendship between me and Hannah, Aaron found himself easily slipping back to my side and into my life. Now we were the Three Musketeers we were all so close.

Or... we were.

Hannah and Aaron had been having terrible problems in their relationship. I got stuck in the middle. They both ranted to me and came to me for everything. They both needed me. If I wasn't cuddling with Hannah I was consoling Aaron. Really, I was doing my best. I set them up on dates and encouraged them in every way I could. Helped Aaron remember important dates on the calendar and got Hannah out of bed when her emotions hit her hard. I set up dates for them, knowing them both plenty well enough to be able to create a situation they could both enjoy.

The thing was, if I was the sole reason they were still working and together... why were they together at all?

Hannah had started cutting again. Aaron drank a lot these days. She reclused in the house, so he was always going out. Usually dragging me along. The amount of times Aaron and I had been alone these days was alarming.

Something clicked in my head and I reached over, pulling the inside of Hannah's arm up and letting her sleeve fall so I could inspect her usual self harm spot. My lips pressed together as I took in the sight of the plenty fresh, new, red lines. "Hannah..." I whispered.

Burying her head in my neck, Hannah groaned. "I know I know I know," she agonized. "I know! I just... I can't take it anymore. You know? I hate the feeling of being next to him in bed. Waking up beside him. I hate seeing him slump around. I hate kissing him. I hate going out and doing things with him. I hate this."

Disgust hit me and I pushed her away. She shot me a broken look but my anger was flared. I had had enough. "You hate it? Then why the fuck are you still doing it? What is there to gain anymore? You're miserable. Suicidal. Scared. Alone. Even worse. You're with someone you despise. You can't even go and hang out! How do you stand sex with him?" She flinched and my lip curled. She deserved better than to force herself to date someone out of comfort - and he deserved better than being pity dated. I sat and she lay on the bed, her back to the door. The door began to silently opened and I saw Aaron coming into the room, freezing as he saw us in the all too familiar position... Except my angry expression. That was new. He froze, unsure what to do or how to handle the sight before him. I was usually gentle. Not today. "Do you love him?" I asked Hannah bluntly, forcing my eyes away from him in order to not give him away. I saw Aaron tense in the doorway but I didn't care anymore. This was ridiculous.